[REL] Safari sisters (2009) TV series

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Nabokov

Re: [REL] Safari sisters (TV series) 2009

Post by Nabokov »   0 likes

are these episodes still available?

I set to download, lots of red bars. :(

Does this mean gone for good or someone is just currently offline?
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

These won't be gone......let's just call this a reshare request!
I've got these & can reshare if no one else does but I'm kinda busy sharing my own releases at present.

lb
Nabokov

loverboy wrote:These won't be gone......let's just call this a reshare request!
I've got these & can reshare if no one else does but I'm kinda busy sharing my own releases at present.

lb
thanks lb, much appreciated. I can hold and reshare too if anyone needs it.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Nabokov wrote:I set to download, lots of red bars. :(

Does this mean gone for good or someone is just currently offline?
In this particular case it just means you haven't been able to find what sources there are, yet. Which often happens with files which don't have lots of sources. Time will cure the problem, so would connecting to a server which has sources for the particular file.

You should click the "source info" links next to a file if you have doubts. If it says there are sources then it's almost always right. If it says there are no sources, it's not definitive, it is often wrong. That is because a subset of servers are queried to build the "sources info" page and it can miss sources on other servers or only on Kad.

The particular server you connect to only knows its own users with a particular file. To get around this, your eMule client periodically (every 1/2 hour, if my memory serves) queries a different server in your server list. So over the course of hours all the servers you have in your list will be queried, and if one has any sources then you will pick them up.

For some people Kad is the quickest way to find sources. Kad is distributed, no central servers, instead every user is sort of a "mini server" remembering sources for specific keywords and files. But among the millions of users it's tricky to find one which has the info you need, it depends on your client building up a contact list of well connected clients. This list is built up over time, so when starting out your Kad search results and sources lists will be thinner.

Once you connect to a source, automatic "source exchange" will get you connected to other sources for the same file which that source knows about, even if they are on a server you don't have in your list or on no server at all.

So usually the red will go away. If after a day a bar is still red, you can ask here in the appropriate release thread, there are several people who can reshare many files.

EDIT: One more thing. For series like this, most of the sources will have all the files in the series. But eMule only queues one file from each source at a time. So if you are downloading ep 1 from all the people who have eps 2-6, 2-6 may show red even though the sources with ep 1 also have the others. This clears up with time, too.
Nabokov

Thanks FLL, it's all starting to make sense now!
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Strange that even though ptg appears to be online (made several releases recently), I haven't seen him lately in ed2k at all. If I am downloading another file from him, I should at least see A4AF...

Fortunately FLL shares these files too and he even offered me a friend slot :dance

PS. I miss the bunny...
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i am almost always around but you won't always be able to see me ;)

:)
BizarreLoveTriangle

ptguardian wrote:i am almost always around but you won't always be able to see me ;)
I see.
BizarreLoveTriangle

OK, ptguardian, looks like I am in your queue with one of the Spanish movies. I guess you are not sharing SafariSisters anymore.

Now, where is loverboy? I've been trying to add regular posters to friends list, but looks like loverboy is not sharing any loverboy movies that are in my download queue :wall
BizarreLoveTriangle

Phuzzy4242 wrote:BLT, do you need me to reshare Safari Sisters?

Edit: I put them back online just in case.
I already got all but ep5 thanks to FLL's generous friend slot. Some help with ep5 would be appreciated.

I am wondering if I am not able to get all sources or most people are not sharing even their own releases. Looks like I am getting almost everything from FLL :bigups