[REL] Safari sisters (2009) TV series

Any documentaries about children can go here.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Re: [REL] Safari sisters (TV series) 2009

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Neither of those should make a difference. I don't think eMulePlus supports either obfuscation or Kad, but neither should make a real difference. I'm getting lots of hits on the shared files, and highid on every server, so I don't think there's a real problem.
Well, many sources come from Kad. If your client does not support Kad, you will have less sources and it will take longer for you to find other people and the other way round. Obfuscation may help to reach higher transfer speeds if an ISP on either side is blocking ed2k connections (but I think nowadays ISP's are smart enough to also detect obfuscated connections).

Anyway, I am not an experienced eMule user myself. I can see that you are connected to me, so either issue is probably indeed not a real problem.

I have meanwhile completed SafariSisters. Many thanks to all who helped! :bigups
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I switched over to DreaMule and it looks like I'm getting a little better transfer speeds. Went pretty smooth and picked up ongoing transfers without missing a beat. Of course, I have to re-add all the FLM people to my friends list when they connect to me, and vice versa... Guess I'll have to find something to release to attract people. :)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I switched over to DreaMule and it looks like I'm getting a little better transfer speeds.
LOL, I was wondering if that was you or somebody else with similar name.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I switched over to DreaMule and it looks like I'm getting a little better transfer speeds. Went pretty smooth and picked up ongoing transfers without missing a beat. Of course, I have to re-add all the FLM people to my friends list when they connect to me, and vice versa... Guess I'll have to find something to release to attract people. :)
I look forward to hearing your results, but I am sceptical. Looking at DreaMule's website it looks like it's basically a mod with some tweaks. Most of the comparison vs eMule is valid only for vanilla eMule (some of them maybe not even true any more), many mods have similar features. The LowId-to-LowId capability is actually potentially interesting, it might help some here who are stuck. I would guess they do it by connecting to a dedicated server, which could be a problem though. Let us know.
BizarreLoveTriangle

FLL wrote:I look forward to hearing your results, but I am sceptical.
If it supports Kad and obfuscation, it is in any case better than eMulePlus.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I had installed stock eMule but there were some glitches switching over to it from eMulePlus and I didn't have time to mess with it and figure out what I was doing wrong. DreaMule installed in a snap and continued right from where eMP left off almost without changing anything except the shared folders. I had to mess with my router and delete/recreate the port forwarding ports (even though they're the same as eMP used), but that's the router's problem, not DreaMule's - I had issues with it when I used eMP too.

You're right about it being basically a mod with tweaks - it even reports itself as being a subversion of eMule. The speed control is better than eMP's (I have to share bandwidth so this is a must) and it has a few things eMP didn't, but nothing extraordinary.

There are a few annoyances such as searches - I like to sort by file type (i.e. .avi, .mpg, .jpg, etc.) but it sorts as "video", "audio", "picture", etc. so file types are intermixed. Some commands are buttons and some are like web links - easy to make a mistake and re-search when you meant to download, and hard to pick out of screen clutter.

DM has the annoying habit of displaying a webpage (http://dreamule.org/inicial_en/) when you restore it from the tray instead of the last screen you were using. NOT GOOD - every time you use DreaMule, you're reporting back to their web page. I put dreamule.org in my HOSTS file to block that.

The video previewer is pretty good, archive handling is good, seems pretty stable. I'll stay with it for awhile until I get the urge to try something else. :)
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »   0 likes

Asking for a reshare, please. Thanks!

- Hieronymus
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

All episodes and extras have been shared for a long time. Patience, young ObiWan. For downloads will be with you.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Hieronymus wrote:Asking for a reshare, please. Thanks!

- Hieronymus
Patience is always a must with emule ;) i have shared many files here and this series is by far the most downloaded. many here have it still shared so give it time. as with many of the rare and sometimes exclusive files found here at FLM it is worth the wait. enjoy my friend

:)
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

I've been sharing these for ages, set to release and all have >10 share ratio.