[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] May & August (2002)

Post by kev »   0 likes

I'm pretty sure this was released here years ago... I HATE to keep blaming everything on the server change-over, but this movie also must have gotten lost in the shuffle.. :think

I have the DVD somewhere. (Years ago when Brandon was still alive and running CVMC, I sent him a burn of my DVD for use at the site.. :) )

The movie was very slow moving and I don't think I ever finished watching it.. I'll have to dig it up, and check it out again...

Thanks, BLT for bringing this to our attention, and very cool screencaps. :heart

kev.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

I used to visit CVMC site a lot in the past. Even bought one DVD from Brandon, which, however, turned out to be total crap quality-wise (they convert PAL to NTSC, which ruins the quality). Since then I only use CVMC as a database, and only buy originals (which are normally much cheaper than CVMC copies anyway). I used to order quite a few movies from ozon.ru, until they stopped shipping to abroad. (Anybody knows another good site for buying Russian movies?)

This particular movie is not my favorite, but it is one of the few childhood movies in my collection that was not already listed, so I thought I'd add it. If anyone is interested in a rip, I can do it.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:...I used to order quite a few movies from ozon.ru, until they stopped shipping to abroad. (Anybody knows another good site for buying Russian movies?)...
I'm impressed with ' http://www.russiandvd.com/ '. It's based in the US and the prices are surprisingly reasonable. I don't yet know how big their inventory is, but they've had quite a few movies I've been looking for.

And their shipping is pretty good too [FREE if you live in the US]; I ordered 'Yulen'ka' [ http://www.russiandvd.com/store/product ... enresubid= ] on a Sunday afternoon and received the movie by mail the following Saturday.
BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:...and only buy originals...
As an obsessive compulsive collector, I'm right there with you. Movies I find on FLM, I'll go ahead and d/load the .avi just to have it, but if I'm really interested in the movie I'll find some way to get the original DVD if it's available..

kev.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

kev wrote:
BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:...I used to order quite a few movies from ozon.ru, until they stopped shipping to abroad. (Anybody knows another good site for buying Russian movies?)...
I'm impressed with ' http://www.russiandvd.com/ '. It's based in the US and the prices are surprisingly reasonable. I don't yet know how big their inventory is, but they've had quite a few movies I've been looking for.
I bought a couple of DVDs from them when they were still rbcmp3.com. Another site I've used is http://www.ruslania.com/ (located in Finland). But the movies I'm still missing, I've only found in ozon.ru :(
kev wrote:As an obsessive compulsive collector, I'm right there with you. Movies I find on FLM, I'll go ahead and d/load the .avi just to have it, but if I'm really interested in the movie I'll find some way to get the original DVD if it's available..
...and DVD releases of Soviet movies, when bought in Russia, often cost about the same as burning your own DVD anyway...
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

OK. Who else thinks the little one looks like a sumo wrestler? :icon_1dancingban

Post by Guest »   0 likes

emuler wrote:OK. Who else thinks the little one looks like a sumo wrestler? :icon_1dancingban

LOL - that's nasty...

But you are right to a degree... :blush
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

emuler wrote:OK. Who else thinks the little one looks like a sumo wrestler? :icon_1dancingban
Oh dear!...........have debaser's glasses still not arrived! :icon_biggrin2
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

:icon_roll2 Send a reminder to Debaser.

willow: that was not really intended to be nasty - that's a very cute sumo wrestler. :cool Before the main bout, the sumo wrestlers often take on all comers for laughs, usually tiny tots dressed up like sumo wrestlers. Naturally, the little ones don't have the slightest effect on the massive wrestlers, which the crowd finds terribly amusing.

Post by Guest »   0 likes

:) :clap

[Image]