[REL] Hexe Lilli (2008)

emuler

Re: [REL] Hexe Lilli (2008)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

BLT, just check in your events viewer>system for notifications with the 4226 code. That means that your computer has reached the limit of maximum allowed concurrent connections (usually 10). This is not enough for eMule; you'll have to apply a TCPIP patch that will allow you to increase the limit to 50 (200 is better).
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

emuler wrote:BLT, just check in your events viewer>system for notifications with the 4226 code. That means that your computer has reached the limit of maximum allowed concurrent connections (usually 10). This is not enough for eMule; you'll have to apply a TCPIP patch that will allow you to increase the limit to 50 (200 is better).
10 is fine as long as your eMule is configured correctly. Raising the limit via patch is fine but not really necessary.

Just to be clear, the limit is not on total concurrent connections, it is on half-open concurrent connections. "Half-open" means a connection that has been initiated but not yet acknowledged and established by the other computer. The limit is there allegedly because some malware opens lots of connections to find other PCs to infect.

In the extended options there is a setting "Max half-open connections". Set it to 7 and that should be enough. Since the limit was imposed (XP SP2) eMule's defaults have been adjusted so it's not a problem, they set the max half-open connections to 9. The max connections per 5 secs is set to 20.
emuler

"half open' is correct. Whether the limit of 10 half open connections is enough depends on the number of clients connected and the time it takes for the remote client to respond. Since a reask cycle is about 28 minutes (between 21 and 42 minutes depending on the client status/ QR number) the limit does effect performance, especially when you are downloading or sharing very popular files with hundreds, even thousands of sources.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so if there have been any recent developments in this regard I am unaware of them. When in doubt, refer to the events viewer>system (found under administrative tools in XP and later). If you don't see 4226 events listed there, you're fine. If not, adjust your settings. xp-antispy is a free utility that does this for you (and lots more besides :thumbsup ).

Btw. server OSs are exempt from this limit. :clap
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:Talking about downloading via eMule, I added kev's "Nagai sanpo" almost 2 weeks ago and it is currently 1.1% completed...
That's an example which says little about your connection or eMule in general, kev has serious misconfiguration issues which he is unable to fix. I added "Elisa antes del fin del mundo" when he posted it 12 days ago but am still at 21% along with several others (was only 9.9% until yesterday). As far as I can tell noone has gotten it complete, if someone has they unshared very quickly. Nagai Sanpo was in the same boat when I checked it, but I didn't stick with that one.

BTW, since there are now sources this is a REL. Thanks kev, infiniter, calimero, loverboy!
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Deja vu's for me, in this thread..
I've been a contributor (that's an understatement) both here AND in the usenet groups.
And my opinion is: both are great sources for getting (and posting) on topic material.

so,..
let's watch this one!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Very aqdorable little cutie.. .I watched the BluRay (downloaded from usenet .. LOL).

Sure, eMule is great for rare movies and they available for years, but i won't be able to dl a 9 GB file like this one :(
emuler

Yes, I agree, emule is not the best choice for very large files, unless it is a recent release from a very popular site like STF - hundreds of sources. Leon 1080p took me several weeks to complete. :wall

Post by Guest »   0 likes

:( Slowly saddens me - is this the beginning of switching from emule to usenet?

This place would be pointless then for me.
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

willow wrote:I pay a lot for a nice DSL connection and having an Premium Rapidshare account.
Well, the money for the Rapidshare account should be better invested into a Usenet server. But that's your decision.
May I ask, what you call "a lot" for your DSL connection? Just want to know and compare.
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:@infiniter hope you blew off your steam build up. can't see why you are so angry. if you came here more often you would know it is Ghost's site now and is encouraged to be emule links primarily. usenet is a great tool. but not what we do here. your comments are disrespectful to the many nice individuals that frequent here!
You are not the first one who got me wrong. I'm never angry. I just see that I released a movie that definitely fits to what this board originally was meant for, and then this.