[REL] Hexe Lilli (2008)

infiniter

Re: [REL] Hexe Lilli (2008)

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

Why this was moved to REQ forum?

It's a release. By the way, since when this is a ED2K only forum? This is a movie forum. The ZIPs are no direct downloads, so no rules are violated, as far as I can see.

Get a clue, guys. ED2K sucks! It's slow, it's slow... and it's slow. And you always have to be online for the upload. Running the PC all the time costs a lot of money, since electricity is expensive. You can upload all your tons of stuff to Usenet and they'll host it for you. The only limitation lies with the retention. But if, after a year or so, your files will be erased, you could upload them again for another year. Easier than to host them on your PC with running connection the whole year long.

The advantages of Usenet:
1.) The files are hosted on the server for 300 days or even longer.
2.) Download speed as fast as your connection.
3.) If you upload something, you only need to upload it once and thousands of users can download!

Have you ever counted how often you upload a specific movie on eMule? If you want to concentrate the stuff to a group like this forum, then password the post and post it here. There is a group related to the TLM site which is ideal for the stuff here.
We could make requests in a form of a poll for certain older movies to upload to Usenet.
Think it over.
infiniter

plonkah wrote:On the bright side, Infiniter's avatar is co-start in this film !!!!
No, this pug is Frank from Men in Black.
infiniter

FLL wrote:.. but after that sharing in eMule is much easier than sharing on Usenet and downloading on Usenet is much quicker but not any easier (and maybe tougher) than on eMule. Complementary in many ways.
Huh? In eMule you need to find sources, in Usenet it's there or not. You just add it to download and it downloads. If it is broken, there is 99% chance of Quickpar files to repair it. You can easily search Usenet. The index is spread over the most common newsgroups, but the index on KAD is spread even over users that are not available. Means, you can find files that will never be complete. In order to host files, you will need a certain amount of HDD space. Well, HDDs are cheap nowadays, but by the most people being to lazy to backup to disc or being to mean to by a backup drive, the risk of loosing the whole shared collection with a HDD breakdown is high. :snooty
Also, and this is most important, sharing on Usenet is more evenhanded! On eMule it's about how much you upload, if community or not, what files are set to release or not. And, lbnl, you can not really influence what and how much is uploaded. Often users have to wait very long to get a specific file from you if there are only little sources. Perhaps it will go faster by using friend slots, but this is again depending on the client. :think
infiniter

willow wrote:Thank you - now I just need a free Usenet server...
Like you want a free PC and free online connection and everything else free, too? Well, you can't have it all. :naughty
Why not pay for a Usenet server? You can download so much music, software, movies and games worth 1000s of dollars for just a little fee. In my case, it's always worth the money, since I download >200GB movies every month. There are just so many Blu-Ray rips available and I love HD!
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i pay £7 a month to astraweb(about half the price of giganews) and i get 365 days retention from them,with my broadband connection i can dl a movie in about 5 minutes,the same file could take at best hours on emule,and if the sources decide to switch off and go to bed....i get nothing,usenet never sleeps.most firewalls affect emule connections in one way or another
but the newsgroups give as fast as you can take...instantly.although i'm not in any particular hurry for a file,my emule runs 24/7 and sometimes there is absolutely nothing coming in.....thats really frustrating.with newsgroups the file is either available or its not,theres no uncertainty,no hoping some guy on the other side of the world comes back from his holidays soon so you can get the final part of the movie youve been downloading for 3 weeks.
i realise i've just unleashed some hidden issues there...lol

i feel better now :thumbsup

Post by Guest »   0 likes

infiniter wrote:
willow wrote:Thank you - now I just need a free Usenet server...
Like you want a free PC and free online connection and everything else free, too? Well, you can't have it all. :naughty
Why not pay for a Usenet server? You can download so much music, software, movies and games worth 1000s of dollars for just a little fee. In my case, it's always worth the money, since I download >200GB movies every month. There are just so many Blu-Ray rips available and I love HD!
You are not right, I'm having NOT free apple computers which are not really a bargain and a custom build PC. I pay a lot for a nice DSL connection and having an Premium Rapidshare account.

And just occasional using USENET most likely, I DON'T want to pay fees again. :snooty
calimero

Post by calimero »   7 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.66 Mb]

This is the German X-Vid from usenet. Credits go to the original poster. The quality is excellent.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

infiniter: can you notice the difference between 720p, 1080i and 1080p? Is it significant? What size does the screen need to be before the difference is noticeable? Quite frankly, I can't see the difference on a 40" LCD.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Personally I agree with FLL that Usenet and eMule are complementary to each other. ed2k is better for less popular stuff; I wouldn't upload a movie to Usenet if just one person is asking for it (unless I have to return a favour or he is asking really nicely). On the other hand, the movie is sitting on my hard disk anyway, so I wouldn't mind sharing it via eMule.

It would be cool if *all* movies posted here would be uploaded to Usenet, but I'm afraid nobody is going to do that.

Maybe these Usenet-related posts can be moved to a separate thread?
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

thank you calimero :thumbsup

@infiniter hope you blew off your steam build up. can't see why you are so angry. if you came here more often you would know it is Ghost's site now and is encouraged to be emule links primarily. usenet is a great tool. but not what we do here. your comments are disrespectful to the many nice individuals that frequent here!

its one of those things either join in the fun or get your own site and do what you want. i download on some months as much as 300 gigs. (most i downloaded from somewhere else) yet i have never had a problem with the way things work around here. :heart all matter of perspective. perhaps you could try and change yours?

peace out you angry dog

:)