[REL] A Smoky Mountain Christmas (1986)

loverboy

[REL] A Smoky Mountain Christmas (1986)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091975/

Hot on the heels of ptg's 'One Magic Christmas' comes my first offering.
Country music superstar Lorna Davis (Dolly Parton) is overwhelmed and disillusioned by her career and loneliness. She plans a trip to a friend's cabin in Tennessee's Smoky Mountains to escape and recuperate during the Christmas season.
Upon arriving at the cabin, Lorna finds it has become the impromptu home of seven orphans who are hiding from the orphanage in town. The children actually discover her sleeping in one of the beds, (an allusion to the Seven Dwarfs finding Snow White) to which the youngest girl proclaims: "I know who she is. She's the Angel."
Because they both have secrets to keep - the orphans don't want to be found by the orphanage and Lorna doesn't want to be found by anyone from LA - they agree to keep each other's presence at the cabin a secret. Lorna then quickly builds strong friendships with the children, although it takes a while to win over cautious Jake, the eldest brother in the family.
Little does she know, Lorna has been followed to the cabin by a sleazy and enterprising paparazzo (Dan Hedaya), who is determined to reveal her hidden location. In addition to the paparazzo, Lorna faces a mountain "witch woman," Jezebel, who is determined to kill her for attracting the eye of her lover, the sheriff of the nearby town. Lorna is saved from Jezebel's first attempt on her life by Mountain Dan, a wandering mountain man who is wise to the ways of "mountain folk."
After the paparazzo reveals Lorna's identity to the sheriff, she is arrested and the children are taken back to the orphanage. Jezebel, disguised as an old woman, delivers a poisoned pie to Lorna in prison, but is tricked into eating it herself and falls into an endless sleep. Lorna is freed from prison by Jake, Dan and the paparazzo and they formulate a plan to free the children from the orphanage.
Dressed as Santa Claus and a helper Elf, Dan and Lorna are able to get into the orphanage and free the children, only to be stopped by the sheriff while trying to escape.
They are taken before an extremely disinterested Judge (John Ritter) who eventually dismisses all charges against Lorna and Dan and grants custody of the children to Lorna.
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: A Smoky Mountain Christmas TVRip loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 1,366.15 MB
Duration ........: 01:34:41
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1889 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 480
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Once again, ptg is helping sharing......Many thanks! :clap
Reasonable quality TV rip.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.33 Gb]

Enjoy!
ptguardian

Re: [REL] A Smoky Mountain Christmas (1986)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i would say a more than reasonable quality. :cool very nice movie Loverboy

the girls are as sweet as can be in this. also just a personal note(i want that cabin.it is very cool) i saw this years a go and forgot how good it was. some of the characters are a little hokey(the sheriff is a 80's cheeseball) but it adds to the charm. Dolly and Lee Majors bring a great bit of christmas magic and the girls kept me smiling(those eyes) :heart

:thumbsup gladly helping share

:)

more on the way from both of us ;)