[REL] Pianke (1983)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Pianke (1983)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

I am following crumbs from this Russian thread about some flm themed movies that was linked here at flm in the REQ section. Looks like there's a cute connection between the boy and girl. I enjoy this sorta stuff. Thanks for the upgrade, ghost!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   3 likes

Some english subtitles.
Fixed the min duration in Subtitle Edit to 0.6 seconds. Fixed a few timings in the first 5minutes. It seems to be pretty accurate give or take a few it missed. Enough to follow the film very well if you don't speak german.
Timed to Ghost's release of course!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Some english subtitles.
:thumbsup
Fixed the min duration in Subtitle Edit to 0.6 seconds
To my opinion, 0.6 sec. ist too short to read. I always choose 1.200 ms. But maybe it's just my age... :lol:
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:31 pm
Some english subtitles.
:thumbsup
Fixed the min duration in Subtitle Edit to 0.6 seconds
To my opinion, 0.6 sec. ist too short to read. I always choose 1.200 ms. But maybe it's just my age... :lol:
It was a minimum. You're probably right. Some 1 or two word ones it's probably fine. Will give it a watch tonight and see if it's too quick.
I've never used the setting before. And the AI was setting some to 0.3 or less. Even set a few to -0.1 seconds - which is too fast for anyone :)
We should have a thread of films we want subtitling and get people to post on it. With the AI software I can generate something reasonable in under an hour, eg. the above. Then if people want to perfect it they can spend the 5-10 hours it takes to make a really good quality sub.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thank you David! This current influx of subs is making me interested in starting another sub project of my own! I may have to take requests, not sure where to start!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:02 am Thank you David! This current influx of subs is making me interested in starting another sub project of my own! I may have to take requests, not sure where to start!
With the AI software you can usually get 80-90% accurate subtitles in as a quick as 30minutes for most languages - it's that last 10-20% that's a problem. I did find that it was only about 50-60% with that Russian film I did last week.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I did find that it was only about 50-60% with that Russian film I did last week.
Yes, it depends on the language.

https://github.com/openai/whisper says:
The .en models for English-only applications tend to perform better, especially for the tiny.en and base.en models. We observed that the difference becomes less significant for the small.en and medium.en models.

Whisper's performance varies widely depending on the language. The figure below shows a WER (Word Error Rate) breakdown by languages of the Fleurs dataset using the large-v2 model (The smaller the numbers, the better the performance).
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/opena ... akdown.svg