[REL] The Littlest Horse Thieves (1977)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Littlest Horse Thieves (1977)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This is a terrific kids film that adults can like too. The kids had to figure out how to overcome some real difficulties but they still acted like kids, not like adults inhabiting kids bodies, if you know what I mean. At the same time, though it is a kid's film, it didn't get too smarmy or sappy. Thanks Hieronymus for bringing this to our attention, and thanks Starfish21. "Good old Flash!"

And even Flash is prettier than Charlotte - and can probably sing better too. :eusa_whistle
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i had this on my search list a long time ago and forgot about it. thanks for bumping it Hieronymus
(glad to see willow is still over flowing with patience)LOL

thanks for posting this starfish21 :thumbsup

:)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

emuler wrote:LOL Made my day. Couldn't agree more. :thumbsup

willow: if this is his release, there will be very few sources. Patience is the name of the game. ;)
WOW - completed over night, less than 12 hours, thanks :)
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »   0 likes

Well, I completed the whole thing and watched it last night. Thanks again, starfish! And, yes - Miss Franks is as lovely as I ever remembered her. :heart

HOWEVER ... this is such a piss poor quality vid, with bad sound and worse resolution (no reflection on starfish, to be sure - it's obviously just a lousy source tape). I must admit I found that disappointing. *sigh*

But .. NEVER FEAR, fellow FLM'er's!

I should have a copy of the recently released, "The Littlest Horse Thieves" Disney Exclusive DVD in the not too distant future. And once I do, I'll try my hand at releasing a truly quality version of the film. Let's just hope that the source they used for the transfer to DVD was a good one - perhaps even a restoration of the original, if we're lucky.

I'll keep you all apprised. :)

- Hieronymus
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

I love how much of the time I come across an older movie that's suitable for FLM, and there's already a thread here for it with some fun conversation.

Here are some potential, unverified upgrades:

https://www.btdig.com/151a76c6410fa5386 ... se-thieves - 1080p - 2gb

https://www.btdig.com/c140e5849256fd83a ... se-thieves - 1080p AMZN webrip - 9gb

https://www.btdig.com/f728738c47b26bdf7 ... se-thieves - 1080p AMZN webrip alternative - same size as above

https://www.btdig.com/ea5b70becb6faa352 ... se-thieves - 720p AMNZ webrip - 3.19gb
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

OMG, it has among the adult cast Ebenezer Scrooge, Sybil Fawlty ...
AND BOBA FETT!!!!!

Gonna check this one out for the kids, though. Thanks!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Gonna check this one out for the kids, though. Thanks!
Me, too! Thank for the upgrades, pillowbaker. I even can't remember this movie.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Glad you guys found it interesting. I haven't tried downloading any of them yet. Please let me know if the links work or not. If they do not work, I found the 3.19gb AMZN rip on a private tracker and it is still well seeded. I am happy to grab it from there and share it.

It's funny how I found out about this movie. A gentleman I met yesterday told me that he would show his daughter older movies that he grew up with. I had to ask for a suggestion, and he immediately talked to me about The Cat from Outer Space, a Disney movie from 1978. Wouldn't fit here at FLM, but the film looks pretty good and funny, too. And talk about a star-studded cast. I bet you would recognize a number of names, Night.

Anyways, while looking up that movie, The Littlest Horse Thieves (and a number of others) came up on the imdb suggested list, and I looked into it.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:17 pm Please let me know if the links work or not.
The 2 Gb one works and completed for me. After 12 hours of no peers downloading from my completed file, I did a hit-and-run. I think I remember seeing no action on the 9 Gb versions, but I did not try for long because I saw that the other would be a success. (And for movies without astonishing visuals, I really do not need 9Gb worth. It is ridiculous that I fill up 4TB hard drives in 10 months.) I did not try the 720p file, nor the 720p file I found at yts.mx.
A gentleman I met yesterday told me that he would show his daughter older movies that he grew up with.

When you can get an enthusiastic response, it is a LOT OF FUN to show "old movies" to young people. It is even more gratifying when they get a little older and you find out that they are discovering and appreciating such gems on their own. "WHAT? You watched such-and-such movie WITHOUT me??? You little *****!!!"
I bet you would recognize a number of names, Night.
You bet! I have not seen the movie but have heard of it. Most of the cast are beloved character actors known mostly for their TV work.

I am disappointed that Disney could not be bothered to include children in the cast (and make it FLM appropriate), considering the absurdity of the premise. Still, I have to admit that they DID often do family-appropriate films with all-adult casts.