[REL] Nutcracker and the Rat King (2010) [UK/Hungary]

ptguardian

Re: [REL] Nutcracker and the Rat King (2010) [UK/Hungary]

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

quickone wrote:Thanks for posting it, but I think I will wait.
i have 3 different rips now and this is the best i found.
you may have to wait a while. the source of the rips this week is an r-5 (Russian). i couldn't find any info on a r-2 or r-1 at all. i am sure it will be released at some point, but with no set date as yet. it will be a very long wait. hopefully i am wrong.
the rip i posted is high quality and well sourced. it is not a voice overlay. it is a professional dubbing. the pretty much see-thru nightgown she wears in several scenes is worth it enough for me. :heart

i am sure some subtitles will appear soon.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

I'm starting to think that we'll never see the English version of this movie. According to Box Office Mojo, about 94% of this film's worldwide total gross was from Russia. I can't even find a release date yet for the region 1 dvd and it's been 6 months since it was shown in theaters. It made less than $200,000 in the US during it's entire theatrical run (which was only 3 weeks) and it cost $90,000,000 to make. All signs point to 'not gonna happen'. :(
ptguardian

It was liked in Russia. look at the number of sources still available.(very very popular)

the whole problem with the bad critiques from USA were they had powerful influence to be so. Andrey Konchalovskiy apparently pissed off the wrong people and thus the film was trashed and not widely released in the states. I have seen the film(Russian version) and everything the critics were claiming seemed to be one of two things. either way off or to vague and left to interpretation. my guess is that some critics were paid off and others were afraid to give a good review risking their own reputation. I have noticed a lot of the reviews are the same verbatim. meaning they never saw it but just copied other reviews. this was an extremely limited release and it is impossible that many critics could have seen it. ;)

I have seen many many bad films and IMHO this is NOT one of them. the bad reviews were fixed and full of crap. :hand

we will eventually get a proper English version maybe even in 3D but unfortunately not soon. :(
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

Maybe if (when?) Elle gets nominated for an Oscar for her next film "Super 8" (which comes out today!:dance) they'll give this one another chance? :pray
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

November if we are lucky. The most logical time for them to try to get some US DVD sales is Christmas.
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

ForAnAngel wrote:Maybe if (when?) Elle gets nominated for an Oscar for her next film "Super 8" (which comes out today!:dance) they'll give this one another chance? :pray
Like that is going to happen? Not a chance with this movie genre - unfortunately. Lately the Oscars have been more political or "artsy" type choices, with not much thought given to what people really like or want.

Elle might have a chance with the MTV kids awards or other such award programs. I am not trashing Elle, I like both her and Dakota, and would like to see her win something - but an Oscar for Super 8 is NOT going to happen.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

She looks so sweet and innocent in this. To see an updated pic of her see my avatar!. (Yes that's her)
ptguardian

Official Blu-ray release in English November 1, 2011

New title "The Nutcracker: The Untold Story"
[Image]

Not in 3d sadly but the original version we have been waiting for all the same. I thought she was absolutely beautiful in this.

Super 8 will be out around the same time(Nov. 22nd) Looks like November will be a good month for Elle at FLM. :thumbsup
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   19 likes

Finally here it is in the original English.

[Image] [Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.38 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.79 Mb]

Enjoy :onfire
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I wasn't going to get this because of bad childhood memories concerning Nutcracker, but after seeing Elle in Super 8, how could anyone resist? :heart
Thanks again ptg.