[REL] Nutcracker and the Rat King (2010) [UK/Hungary]

vidman49

Re: [REL] Nutcracker and the Rat King (2010) [UK/Hungary]

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

THANKS PTG!!!! I have downloaded a number of movies from you in the last week. Thanks for all your work!!!

I have been wanting to see this movie ever since I heard about it, even though most of the reviews I have read have totally trashed the movie. I just finished downloading it. I will probably be buying it in the next couple of weeks anyway, but couldn't wait to finally see it.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

Well, I finally saw it... I don't know if maybe there's something wrong with me but I actually thought it wasn't that bad. It did get a little boring when Elle wasn't on the screen but maybe that's just me. And with Nathan Lane playing a singing Albert Einstein, how can you go wrong? :D
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

For An Angel wrote:Well, I finally saw it... I don't know if maybe there's something wrong with me but I actually thought it wasn't that bad. It did get a little boring when Elle wasn't on the screen but maybe that's just me. And with Nathan Lane playing a singing Albert Einstein, how can you go wrong? :D
That just it. It is a good movie. I still suspect Andrey Konchalovskiy did have some harsh words with a few critics and they purposely gave bad reviews.

This what I wrote last January and I still stand by it.
ptguardian wrote:It was liked in Russia. look at the number of sources still available.(very very popular)

the whole problem with the bad critiques from USA were they had powerful influence to be so. Andrey Konchalovskiy apparently pissed off the wrong people and thus the film was trashed and not widely released in the states. I have seen the film(Russian version) and everything the critics were claiming seemed to be one of two things. either way off or to vague and left to interpretation. my guess is that some critics were paid off and others were afraid to give a good review risking their own reputation. I have noticed a lot of the reviews are the same verbatim. meaning they never saw it but just copied other reviews. this was an extremely limited release and it is impossible that many critics could have seen it. ;)

I have seen many many bad films and IMHO this is NOT one of them. the bad reviews were fixed and full of crap. :hand

we will eventually get a proper English version maybe even in 3D but unfortunately not soon. :(
Well now we have the English version and they wisely changed the name to fit the movie for what it is. "The Nutcracker: The Untold Story"

Elle is great in this and the movie is good. It is Andrey Konchalovskiy's version of the Nutcracker and should not be compared to the original because it was never intended to be. It is a different story and it should be viewed as such. I watched the proper English version and I found it to be a good movie. To the critics that trashed this last year. I have to say go fuck yourselves and get another job because you suck at this one. :hand LOL :D

Enjoy
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I did search for the nutcracker, but the rat king in the title threw me - I thought it was a different title altogether.

Anyway, YIFY has upgrades in 3d, 1080p and 720p. Enjoy.

http://yify-torrents.com/movie/The_Nutcracker_2009_3D
http://yify-torrents.com/movie/The_Nutc ... 2009_1080p
http://yify-torrents.com/movie/The_Nutcracker_2009
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

quite funny,comments on the yify site(700mb version) a guy asks twice whether it's a musical or not,because like many,got caught out with sweeney todd,gets completely ignored then gets all sweary and angry and downloads it anyway. :lol:
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Too many people had a grossly misguided preconceived idea as to what the film is about before viewing and is why so many people were confused, disappointed after viewing not getting what 'they' thought they 'should' see and then proceeded to pan it. This movie was/is the directors vision. "The Nutcracker: The Untold Story" is the title for this movie currently for a reason. It is a 'different' story than "The Nutcracker" everyone knows.... :icon_rolleyes

Best to watch this movie without any idea as to what it is about and enjoy it for what it is and not judge it for what it is not. ... :smile-l
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:Too many people had a grossly misguided preconceived idea as to what the film is about before viewing and is why so many people were confused, disappointed after viewing not getting what 'they' thought they 'should' see and then proceeded to pan it. This movie was/is the directors vision. "The Nutcracker: The Untold Story" is the title for this movie currently for a reason. It is a 'different' story than "The Nutcracker" everyone knows.... :icon_rolleyes

Best to watch this movie without any idea as to what it is about and enjoy it for what it is and not judge it for what it is not. ... :smile-l
Totally agree with you. Elle is totally adorable in this. The period costumes and the hairdo are an added bonus. On the flip side, I found the songs mediocre at best. When you set out to make a musical, you need to hire actors with some singing talent. Sadly, there are very few of these, i.e. those who can both sing and act, like Bette Midler or Queen Latifah.