[REL] The Lotus Eaters (1993)

Hieronymus

[REL] The Lotus Eaters (1993)

Post by Hieronymus »   1 likes

The Lotus Eaters (1993)

[Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107445/
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-LOTUS-EATERS- ... 414d8edb04
A journey of discovery, this film follows the lives of one family living in a sleepy, island town in British Columbia. Languorous and dreamy, the inhabitants are satisfied to allow life to go on around them until a young, fresh-faced teacher, with new ideas arrives and brings with her life from the mainland. Slowly, their indolent state is awakened, the father (and principal of the local school) looks for excitement, the mother for stability, the oldest daughter for love, and the youngest for power.
I saw this film on cable years ago and remember it as being very cute (oddly, I don't remember anything about a pig). Although, it's not exclusively about the three young girls featured in the cast - Tara Frederick (around 14-15, giving off a strong Winona Ryder vibe); Aloka McLean (11, pretty brunette and good little actress); and Andrea Libman (9, cute and funny little blonde) - there's enough of them in the film to make it well worth notice. It looks like there are several VHS copies of this hard-to-find film currently available through eBay in the UK - unfortunately it never saw a DVD release. I don't have any way of capturing from videotape, but if I did, this would be one I'd want. :)

- Hieronymus
starfish21

Re: [REL] The Lotus Eaters (1993)

Post by starfish21 »   43 likes

Hieronymus

Re: [REL] The Lotus Eaters (1993)

Post by Hieronymus »   5 likes

WOW, starfish! Time to move this one to full [REL] status. :thumbsup

That's amazing that you had this - I held out not much hope that it would see the light of day, and here you post the thing within hours of my original [REQ]. And, to top it all off, by the preview it looks to be a very sharp rip (I'm guessing from cable, by the Canadian broadcast rating in the upper left-hand corner at the beginning). Excellent work.

Thank you SO much! :clap

- Hieronymus