[REL] Bambulkine dobrodružstvá (1982)

Hieronymus

Re: [REL] Bambulkine dobrodružstvá (1982)

Post by Hieronymus »   5 likes

Looks like there are no full sources for #2, and #3 appears completely dead, now. I'm guessing that SF is the only one with the complete files. Anyone else have the chance to acquire the complete sources before SF went offline?

- H
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

sorry about that ,i tinkered with bios settings and caused some serious shit for myself :wall

back up and running again,files available to all. :thumbsup
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:sorry about that ,i tinkered with bios settings and caused some serious shit for myself :wall

back up and running again,files available to all. :thumbsup
Sorry to hear that, SF - I really was a bit concerned for your sake, if nothing else. Glad to have you back among the living. ;)

- H
jkecal

Post by jkecal »   0 likes

No problem with links - all RS links are living.

The film is produced in Czechoslovakia, but it is probably pure Slovak product, not Czech. I personally have no problems with old Czechoslovakia product under Czech heading, but from 1993 is Slovakia independent. And Slovaks generally do not like, when Slovak production is labeled as Czech production. similarly, as Czech would not be appreciated, if somebody would label say Smetana operas as Austrian, no matter, that they were really created in Austro-Hungary.
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »   0 likes

jkecal wrote:The film is produced in Czechoslovakia, but it is probably pure Slovak product, not Czech. I personally have no problems with old Czechoslovakia product under Czech heading, but from 1993 is Slovakia independent. And Slovaks generally do not like, when Slovak production is labeled as Czech production. similarly, as Czech would not be appreciated, if somebody would label say Smetana operas as Austrian, no matter, that they were really created in Austro-Hungary.
I did recognize that this was a Slovakian-language film because of the file release notes on "BeBe Blog." But, since it was released in the early 80's, I made sure to make note that it was a Czechoslovakian production.
General : bambulkine.dobrodruzstva.3.xvid.sk-bbb7.avi
Format : AVI
Length : 700 MiB for 1h 18mn 10s 680ms
Video #0 : XviD at 1 116 Kbps
Aspect : 640 x 480 (1.333) at 25.000 fps
Audio #0 : MPEG-1 Audio layer 3 at 128 Kbps
Infos : 2 channels, 48.0 KHz
Language : sk
I'm glad folks are enjoying this one. The singing and the redubbed "kid" voices are all a bit much for me, but I suppose if you can just mute the sound and watch the pretty pictures it's passable entertainment ... ;)

- H
jkecal

Post by jkecal »   0 likes

Difficult to translate. Bambľa (in Slovak with soft ľ) is small decoration of caps, hoods, slippers ..., translated as pom-pon, bambuľka is diminmutive of it. often used to speak to small girls. The film title is then Small Pom-pon's Adventures.

The film is set of 10 minutes education courses for small children - to salute each other, to wash out their hands, to say "Thanks" and "Please", ... . I did not know this course before. May be, it was not broadcasted by the Czech TV - small Czech children has often problems with Slovak language, for this reason, programs designated for them was often dubbed to Czech - or not broadcasted. The same was practice with Czech programs in Slovakia. Naturally, programs for the older children and adults was broadcasted in original.And now, due to strict Slovak language act, even more programs are dubbed to Slovak language in Slovakia, while Czech TV broadcasts Slovak programs in original. In general, while my generation has no significant problems with Slovak language, at least its adults, contemporary generation and exile Czechs (resp. Slovaks) are not wonted to use Slovak (resp. Czech) language and has some problems.

On the contrary, Czech journals publish articles of Slovak origin in original Slovak version.

And when dubbed, such program would loose much of its beauty. E.g. when I have seen film "How the West Was Fine" with Olsen twins in original, it was nice, but I have had some problems with their pronunciation (hardly American, with childish lisp) - in general, I often prefer English films with English subtitles. Later, I found the film with Slovak dubbing - I understood excelently, but part of beauty of childish lisping was lost. One can not say, what is better - probably original with subtitles.

E.g. when I published one my article in Slovak journal "Slovenské národné noviny" in 1996, it was obligatory carefully translated to Slovak language; the only Czech release appeared in the Czech journal "Nedělní hlasatel" issued by Czech-Americans near Chicago - no chance to publish it in some home Czech journal controlled by contemporary establishment. Only relatively free medium is Internet.

As in Orwell's novel 1984 - the old communistic elity (The Upper) was replaces by new elity (The Middle) giving no chance common people (The Lower) to express itself!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

jkecal, I appreciate the background info you give for a lot of the films on FLM - it adds a whole dimension to understanding how and why they were made. I'm just a dumb American, but I try not to be ignorant too, and this info helps..
mactopolis

Post by mactopolis »   0 likes

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXX XX X XxXX xXXX XXXx xXXXX

Here is my revised comments...I censored every word for you...
I understand (ssshhhhh) we are being watched (sssshhhhh) :thumbsup
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

mactopolis wrote:...but that idea does not set so well in the modern american(lower case:for lack
of importance) mind..nudity in their minds can only mean being nasty....
but the vulgar language of rap is ok for our youth/kids? Yeah and pigs fly
As I told you before, whatever your problems may be with Americans, such comments are NOT welcome on FLM. These comments, along with your seeming disregard of the posting rules, is making it difficult to accept you into our community.

I will not debate you on politics - I won't change your mind and you won't change mine - so your nasty remarks only show your ass to everyone. I have not made a single comment about you, your country, your ethnic background, or anything else except your lack of simple courtesy. So who's more worthy of respect - this lousy American who always tries to help, or a noob who keeps spouting trash talk?

You're acting like a troll. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing or risk being treated like one.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
mactopolis wrote:...but that idea does not set so well in the modern american(lower case:for lack
of importance) mind..nudity in their minds can only mean being nasty....
but the vulgar language of rap is ok for our youth/kids? Yeah and pigs fly
As I told you before, whatever your problems may be with Americans, such comments are NOT welcome on FLM. These comments, along with your seeming disregard of the posting rules, is making it difficult to accept you into our community.

I will not debate you on politics - I won't change your mind and you won't change mine - so your nasty remarks only show your ass to everyone. I have not made a single comment about you, your country, your ethnic background, or anything else except your lack of simple courtesy. So who's more worthy of respect - this lousy American who always tries to help, or a noob who keeps spouting trash talk?

You're acting like a troll. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing or risk being treated like one.
well said phuzzy,i sense a great deal of restraint in your words.this forum has been such a helpful and friendly place,but recently there has been far too many bitter and nasty comments made.this latest rant made me a bit uncomfortable so i can only imagine how any reasonably patriotic american would feel.