[REL] Uncle Jack (2010)

loverboy

Re: [REL] Uncle Jack (2010)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

kev wrote:I'm still on Windows XP, so I'm sure that shows my age.. :wall

Now that you mention it, I think most of my .mp4 files have problems playing correctly.. :think

I'll check and see if there's a driver or something that I can install that could help this problem.. A new PC or laptop is looming on the horizon, but until then I have to make the best out of what I have..
Despite what some may say there's nothing wrong with XP........I run it & this played fine for me with MPC & the latest K-Lite pack although you'll need some pretty decent hardware. This is HQ (it wants to be, at 122mb for a mere 5 minutes!) & demonstrates the quality that can be achieved using the more modern encoding methods although older hardware & especially graphics cards may struggle. This is one of the reasons I still encode using the XviD codec......slight quality compromise is offset by the ability to play on anything, including an old sock! I'm sure that at some stage I'll move over to a later format but until then..........

lb
jkecal

Re: [REL] Uncle Jack (2010)

Post by jkecal »   0 likes

I use VLCplayer on WinXP, no problems with MP4. But significant is not only container, but also codecs inside it. VLC do not use standard WIN codec search. For this reason, it is independent on various Microsoft SP's, on the other hand it may be a little obsolete. And it is typical amateur product with typical amateur inpredictable behaviour.