[REL] Amy (1997)

emuler

Re: [REL] Amy (1997)

Post by emuler »   1 likes

ghost wrote:
emuler wrote:Thanks, adg4ki.
ghost, are you going to AI enhance this? Will wait for your version.
Would be a good idea, isn't it? ;)
Yes, the enhancement from a DVD should be quite impressive. :D
adg4ki

Post by adg4ki »   0 likes

ghost wrote:
emuler wrote:Thanks, adg4ki.
ghost, are you going to AI enhance this? Will wait for your version.
Would be a good idea, isn't it? ;)
pls wait, I just watched my shared dvd version, and something is wrong in VTS_01_3.VOB, I will reshare it.
adg4ki

Post by adg4ki »   15 likes

adg4ki

If there are other mistakes , pls let me know, I will reshare
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

pls wait, I just watched my shared dvd version, and something is wrong in VTS_01_3.VOB, I will reshare it.
What was wrong with it? It's fine for me.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

adg4ki wrote:pls wait, I just watched my shared dvd version, and something is wrong in VTS_01_3.VOB, I will reshare it.
I wanted to say THANK YOU, this was a terrific movie! I enjoyed it immensely. I was going to watch it again soon, even without your replacement part.

Did you do something different to make a change to this new version of part 3?!? I was under the impression that you only had these VOB files and nothing else. What magic are you working? I am emuling it now and am curious to see the difference.
ghost wrote:What was wrong with it? It's fine for me.
Nothing can stop ghost and his miracle software! :D

About a minute into the third part there is an error that make the video glitch; in (at least some versions of) VLC, it freezes briefly and then skips ahead about 3 seconds. It does not seem to lose any significant footage, but the error broke the timecode so that when I merged all 5 parts into a single MKV, the subtitles were gone. I tried multiple software choices and some of them crashed completely with no output, others only a half-length file (with subtitles). I assumed it was an error in the original DVD source.

So: I can watch 5 parts individually in VLC with optional subtitles, or (obsessive MKVer that I am) one full-length MKV through my blu-ray player, without subtitles. I went for the latter, but also ultimately created an English .srt file that I retimed around the glitch. I will share it after I see what difference this new version of part 3 makes.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thank you once again, adg4ki. The replacement version of VTS_01_3.VOB works perfectly, and all my go-to software handles the files without error. MakeMKV quickly converted the 5 VOBs into a single glitch-free MKV with the optional English dvd subtitles. I appreciate that you took the extra time to fix it when you realized there was a problem.

So now I also have English subtitles in .srt format that are not quite so necessary now. They are timed to the full length error-free single movie file. (1h 39m 46s) They can be used if someone has difficulties with the internal dvd subtitles or wishes to translate the English to another language:
Amy (1997).srt English subtitle.zip
Now that I have spent today watching this wonderful tear-jerker twice, I will have to watch more MANLY films tomorrow, such as Predator or Scarface. :oops: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adg4ki

Post by adg4ki »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:Thank you once again, adg4ki. The replacement version of VTS_01_3.VOB works perfectly, and all my go-to software handles the files without error. MakeMKV quickly converted the 5 VOBs into a single glitch-free MKV with the optional English dvd subtitles. I appreciate that you took the extra time to fix it when you realized there was a problem.

So now I also have English subtitles in .srt format that are not quite so necessary now. They are timed to the full length error-free single movie file. (1h 39m 46s) They can be used if someone has difficulties with the internal dvd subtitles or wishes to translate the English to another language:

Amy (1997).srt English subtitle.zip
Now that I have spent today watching this wonderful tear-jerker twice, I will have to watch more MANLY films tomorrow, such as Predator or Scarface. :oops: :lol:
thanks for the sub. I love this movie and the song <you and me>.
adg4ki

ghost wrote:
What was wrong with it? It's fine for me.
Glad to hear that, maybe it's just my computer, I have to say, it's too old :lol: :lol:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks, adg4ki for the fixed VOB (it really was corrupt before). I am working on a HD version of this movie and will post it soon ;)

And thanks to Night for the subtitles! :) You spared me some time with it ;)