[REL] Gates to Paradise (1968) [UK]

Pranama

Re: [REL] gates to paradise (1968)

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

Not wanting to diminish anybody´s merits, but this movie isn´t that hard to find, e.g. here http://www.foriegnmoviesddl.com/2010/08 ... wajda.html
Pranama

imdb lists the country as uk and yugoslavia but the language is german.check out the 16yo jenny agutter.

btw, the direcor is famous Polish Andrzej Wajda, to make it more difficult for classification :)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

pranama wrote:Not wanting to diminish anybody´s merits, but this movie isn´t that hard to find, e.g. here http://www.foriegnmoviesddl.com/2010/08 ... wajda.html

if so then why didn't someone find it earlier and post it as an emule link with screencaps? before somebody trawled through countless piles of shite to find something suitable and released it here(sometimes the movie is shite as well) as an ed2k link? anyone can google the title of a movie and browse through the results,it takes a lot of work to come up with that name in the first place.the movie is 42years old.definitely NOT easy to find.i'm not having a go at you pranama but have a look through the archives,you'll see an awful lot of movies posted.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

pranama wrote:Not wanting to diminish anybody´s merits, but this movie isn´t that hard to find, e.g. here http://www.foriegnmoviesddl.com/2010/08 ... wajda.html
It might not be hard to find if you know what you are looking for. I didn't know this movie, so I am thankful to starfish for bringing this movie to my attention. And rapidshare links are not allowed here.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Well it certainly isn't that easy to find either.......first thing I did was go looking for an English version & couldn't find it at all. Yes, I use foreignmoviesddl but hadn't looked there.....arguably we can't look EVERYWHERE.
starfish21 wrote:i'm not having a go at you pranama
I can't believe how restrained starfish is being about this........now I'm nothing like as nice or polite so I'll have no problem in speaking my mind.
starfish is becoming one of our most prolific posters & is consistently giving us material that, despite your unhelpful comment pranama, can be considered rare & hard to find. In previous posts, he's admitted he doesn't rip or produce his own material, simply sourcing to bring to us here & in that respect he does incredibly well. I've been there, done that, & know exactly how much work & effort is involved, sifting through the inevitable crap, false starts & material already posted here until something is found that is worthy of a release. I'm certainly grateful someone else is taking up the slack, leaving me with more time for encoding/editing.
I would like to think your comments were not meant to offend, but added to a thread where starfish is already feeling his efforts are not being appreciated they could have been worded considerably better.
I've also obviously checked YOUR contribution to the board & other than a sense of humour failure can find nothing of note.
Ignore this starfish.....there are plenty here who DO appreciate your efforts! :clap

lb
Pranama

loverboy wrote:
pranama wrote: I would like to think your comments were not meant to offend
Of course not, I didn´t want to offend anybody, and I sincerely apologize if my comments were considered as offensive to starfish or anybody else. I was badly surprized by a reaction it has provoked, and feel sorry. Maybe the clue to this misunderstandings lies here:
loverboy wrote:
pranama wrote:other than a sense of humour failure can find nothing of note.

Well, how do you know this, loverboy? I don´t know your nationality, mine is Czech. For now almost 30 yrs I´m working as an translator, translated couple of books etc. (mainly from/into German and Slavic languages, English is for me just a must in this globalized world). And please believe me, jokes and humour generally is every taranslator´s nightmare, it is extremely difficult to translate it in a way that it works in a "target" language. It´s not in words, it´s in spirit or in God knows what. Just like I often simply don´t catch the sense of exchanges between American guys, especially some FLM veterans :) FLM is an INTERNATIONAL forum, afaik, which has IMHO to be considered in writing contrubutions (me in this case), but please, also in reading them. :thumbsup
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

well said pranama

i can tell you meant no harm.

might i suggest a few things for the future. first off it is ok to share links to other sources but only if it is a better copy or the same copy so that someone else can help share on emule. that being said a cordial wait period is in order. to post something so soon you are stepping on the toes of the original poster. many here that post put a lot of effort in finding, gathering info and finalizing their great find by posting it here. the file and post tend to have a lot of feelings for the original poster. it is best to thank that person before you contribute another file. after that ponder if what you are posting is contributing to or is it taking away from the thread you are about to post to.

i look at your response as a great contribution. you humbled yourself enough to apologize. many here would not have. thank you for this. also you remind us that this indeed is an international forum. everyone has a different view of everything. this is a good. it keeps it fresh and exciting. it also brings contributions from places we never would have considered other wise. :cool

:)
vidman49

Re: [REL] Gates to Paradise (1968) [UK]

Post by vidman49 »   17 likes

emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Groan! Now I have to download the movie - hadn't done so earlier because of no subtitles. :roll: Thanks again, vidman49. You rock!.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i can barely remember this thread,i remember the rant :D i dont know if i even still have this movie,there was a time when i didn't keep most of the movies i posted once i knew hey were out there.
well done vidman,a lot of oldies have been resurrected.