[REL] Der Froschkönig (2008)

jkecal

[REL] Der Froschkönig (2008)

Post by jkecal »   20 likes

Der Froschkönig (2008)
The Frog King

Another film with Sidonie von Krosigk (in German)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [595.20 Mb]
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1258947/
goku33

Re: [REL] Der Froschkönig (2008)

Post by goku33 »   2 likes

HD German (requires German IP Address I think), I can share the film if necessary:

https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/Y3JpZ ... 2hrb2VuaWc
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:13 pm HD German (requires German IP Address I think), I can share the film if necessary:

https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/Y3JpZ ... 2hrb2VuaWc
ardmediathek.de - I LOVE that site. I could spend days finding content there.

This particular movie did not require me to fake any IPs and loaded up for streaming quite nicely; yt-dlp is making short work of it. If you are using the same program to download, we may be able to create a file with the same hash. I say this because you seem interested in sharing something, and if you're considering trying out emule, I can help you "source" the file if you would like. :mrgreen:
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Pardon the additional post. I attempted to do some subtitle work. Would anyone be interested in checking my work?

In case goku33 would like to share this movie on his own, I'll focus only on subs. I tried to make machine-translated English subs from the German subs that are included with the movie that goku33 linked.

After loading the subs with the video in VLC, I was able to follow along quite nicely in English, although with the occasional odd phrasing, of course. One note, the timing of the subs as originally timed from the original file, is slightly skewed. It follows well enough, but sometimes a fraction of a second early/late, but overall pace is maintained.

Other side note, the subtitle coding includes colored text for certain areas, such as "Girl count cannon blasts", but it's entirely in black, which can be difficult to read.

EDIT: Better English subs posted on next page, please ignore these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kissonline

Post by Kissonline »   25 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.56 Gb]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
Thanks for providing links and subtitles! :heart
Hope to share with everyone :D
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you for sharing the video, Kissonline!

[NOTE by Night457, acting as Moderator: I moved my extensive discussion about SubtitleEdit that I was having with pillowbaker to the Hardware & Software forum: viewtopic.php?p=97460
!!!! I just kept going on and on and on ...]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks once again for the file, Kissonline. And thanks for propping this film, goku33.

lol at the second screenshot. It's referring to which cutlery is for which guests, by the way. :P
It's referring to the SDH subtitle colors for various characters. The cutlery dialogue occurs right after and I mixed the two.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

yt-dlp always warns me when it converts the vtt (and other formats) subtitles to SRT and that it will loose some formatting.

It guess that is the downside of these sites using these kind of subtitle streaming formats these days.

It’s a hit and miss with these modern newly filmed „Märchen“ the ARD tv Channel did. Some a well acted and written. With others you rather want to go back to the older DEFA classic version of the film. (Czechia did also most amazing films in that regard. I’m sure everyone knows Libuse Safranka‘s films etc)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:33 pm yt-dlp always warns me when it converts the vtt (and other formats) subtitles to SRT and that it will loose some formatting.
Uh oh, if that is the case then you can copy the .vtt from your download folder right away and save it elsewhere. It should not convert the original to .srt until after the video is done downloading. You can open the .vtt in SubtitleEdit and do your own editing. I do not THINK it will automatically remove formatting (that you may or may not want) if you use SubtitleEdit to convert it to .srt. Either way you still get to keep the copy of the original .vtt format.

The DEFA and Czechia classics I have seen are consistently excellent and always worth revisiting, even when a newer version is also a "hit".
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Oh yeah, I have it set in my config that ytdlp converts all subs to SRT. Maybe that was a dumb Decision by me lol.

Just seemed to me like it would be the format most devices like my bluray,dvd player etc can play without issues and can easily get merged into MKV. Vtt isn’t an issue on Desktop Pc with VLC etc I guess…

I know some people also Archive their YouTube videos in VP9/webm format etc. because it has highest quality on YouTube with good low file size. But I always still choose X264 for compatibility so any device I got can play it.