[REL] Der Froschkönig (2008)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Der Froschkönig (2008)

Post by pillowbaker »   3 likes

I finally finished the English subs for Der Froschkönig, for anyone who's interested.

3 options:
- Subs in original German with SDH information left in but colors removed.
- Subs in English with SDH left in but colors removed.
- Subs in English with both SDH and colors removed.

All English is machine translated. Hope these are helpful to someone someday. As goku33 mentioned, these Märchenfilm productions on ARD aren't all the best, but I'd say this one is actually fairly good and was easy to watch. The machine subs translated pretty well overall. Anyone who watches may notice this movie bends the rules a little bit: I don't recall watching a movie that went out of its way so much to mention the lead character is now over 18.

"Princess, you're 18 now!"
"I turn 18 today."
"My youngest child in now 18."
"- How old are you?"
"- 18"
Eighteen cannon blasts go off

I think it was originally posted because it has Sidonie von Krosigk, who is this cutie:

[Image] [Image]

That may be enough for some to keep the movie around.

EDIT: It's hard to stop when you look at your little project and still see mistakes. Just did some further editing to the English subs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   2 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:19 am . EDIT: It's hard to stop when you look at your little project and still see mistakes. Just did some further editing to the English subs,
You speak the truth. I've been known to quietly update my subtitles a year after I posted them...
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

I totally understand that compulsion and have done the same for some of my subtitles. Some I update (at least for myself) every time I rewatch it, as I learn more about the original language. It is the "quietly" part that gets me, but mostly for videos instead. I try to reshare a video I have when someone asks for it, and find that it has been "quietly" upgraded with a slight improvement, so the new file with the same name of course has a different hash value. Usually I can get and share the newer version, either because I am patient ( :? ) or I am more successful connecting in eMule. But thinking that I *have* the latest and greatest version when I actually do not is maddening.

So, thanks for the heads-up, pillowbaker!
lunastar2021

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

please re update
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Reshared Kissonline's file.
PuffyCo

Post by PuffyCo »   0 likes

This movie looks great. I saw a short clip of how the frog moves and loved it. Plus that main female protagonist has an angelic face for sure. What was her age when filming?(apologies if it was said and I missed it) slight Kiera Knightly vibe.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

PuffyCo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:02 pm This movie looks great. I saw a short clip of how the frog moves and loved it. Plus that main female protagonist has an angelic face for sure. What was her age when filming?(apologies if it was said and I missed it) slight Kiera Knightly vibe.
That was Sidonie, mainly famous for playing the iconic Bibi Blocksberg character in two popular German movies. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nKsAwrNk28)

She did go nude on theater stage at around 19yo. (Pics exist)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidonie_von_Krosigk
lunastar2021

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

Bibi Blocksberg is a dance formation in germany?