[REL] Stein (1991)

Davros6

Re: [REL] Stein (1991)

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

bonmrmjp wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:02 pm I posted subtitles for this yesterday ;) look up a page.
Ok thanks.... couldn't see for looking :lol:
I drink therefore I am
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:37 pm I don't think he's her father.
I meant it literally, it is not easy to recreate that kind of situation in real life, unless nobody thinks erratically, many of us would like a group bath or a sauna to be something normal in daily life. ;)
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

bonmrmjp wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:46 pm I don't think it is completely innocent, but I think its jumbled up in his head.
Spoiler:

There's the fact that the movie starts with Ernst in the bath with Sara, and he's intimate with Sara.
Earlier, he mistakenly called Laura "Sara", and the fact that Sara is jealous of Laura.
The scene right before the bath comments that Laura has a nice backside, which flatters Laura.
There's the comment "he's doing well" to him that Laura makes as she gets in. Its a formal way of speaking to a person, and I did consider changing it to "you", because the third person in that context would be less likely in English. Though he does glance down before responding to Laura, which does seem like it was meant a double entendre about his privates.
But the bath itself seemed to be entirely playful.
I wonder if him saying "proud, right?" At the beginning of the scene, was aimed down there too ;) as sometimes it can be referred to as "standing proud" ;)
I drink therefore I am
jackplane

Post by jackplane »   0 likes

Love to read the discussion - this is one of my all-time favorite scenes.