Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Rich_Visiting

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:10 pm
Rich_Visiting wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:21 am I'm also not so familiar with how important ownership of a server would be in this situation. But I agree, the theory seems to be based upon share and request for reshare, as I understand it. But, perhaps it is a file request that sets things in motion. I certainly know that emule search terms are logged both remotely and stored internally.

Search terms can be logged, but they are rather useless for LEA, unless you use terms that only few people are supposed to know. LEA does have a collection of hashes of illegal files and it is very easy to see who is sharing those without owning the servers.

I only recommend to use eMule for legal movies. If you are looking for something else, think what is the motivation of somebody sharing that stuff. There can be a hidden catch.
Couldn't agree more :thumbsup
beatpats4

Post by beatpats4 »   0 likes

try as i mite am simply unabl to achiev hiID, on my router it requirs port # for "internal" & "external" then hav to specify if TCP, UDP, or both, i'v tried sevral combos if any1 can asist since i woud luv to shar som files as requestd herein . . .
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

beatpats4 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:49 pm try as i mite am simply unabl to achiev hiID, on my router it requirs port # for "internal" & "external" then hav to specify if TCP, UDP, or both, i'v tried sevral combos if any1 can asist since i woud luv to shar som files as requestd herein . . .
Please eMule experts chime in here! I am no expert but I can make a few comments, which I hope are correct. It has been too long since I actually set up a router.

I assume you already looked through the first post in this thread. I acknowledge that it is highly detailed and sometimes difficult to follow, but it is a start.

Some ISPs do not allow port-forwarding so you can never get HighID with them. Many emuling members live with that restriction.

You can still share on emule with LowID, it just is more difficult to share with other LowID members. I have HighID because of my port-forwarding VPN, and I will frequently be resharing files from LowID sources with other LowID members. I don't have a problem with that.

Can you pick one port for TCP and specify it as both internal and external, and another for UDP and specify it as both internal and external? So you would have 2 that are internal and the same 2 that are also external. That seems to be the correct way to do it. (I think I hope if I remember right. Emule experts need to correct me if I am wrong!) However, I now make it super simple on myself and pick ONE port for emule, which is both internal and external for both UDP and TCP. This is lazy and may not be correct but somehow it works for me.

Whatever port(s) you choose, you have to specify them in your eMule client. Go to Options / Connection / Client Port and enter the values in the TCP and UDP boxes. For me, it is the same port for both.

I do hope other members add to this and help out!
beatpats4

thank u night457; aftr switchng to morphxt i now show green arows . . .
Night457
Global Moderator

Fantastic! I had to look up what MorphXT is, and I don't know WHY exactly it helped you ... but there is no arguing with success!
beatpats4

when it coms to speculatn: the sky's the limit . . .
theoldmovies

Post by theoldmovies »   0 likes

hi everyone i got a question.
i got over 188 file in my emule IN progress but there (status is in waiting)
and in the bottoms of emule where the known clients it show that some of the user is not connected
[Image]

some of the files are been added in my emule since 02/04/2022 168 days a go

Can someone know what the issue?
Night457
Global Moderator

theoldmovies wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:19 pm hi everyone i got a question.
i got over 188 file in my emule IN progress but there (status is in waiting)
and in the bottoms of emule where the known clients it show that some of the user is not connected
some of the files are been added in my emule since 02/04/2022 168 days a go

Can someone know what the issue?
????
There is no issue. Peer-to-peer sharing relies on individuals. Not every person is online and using emule 24 hours a day, seven days a week! They are NOT always connected. I come close, but still I have to restart my VPN and emule on a daily basis, and sometimes I devote my bandwidth to other things.

I think you are, I dunno, kind of crazy to be emuling that many files at once! (I say this with good humor and affection.) You can only get ONE file per user at a time. For example, if you are trying to get 20 files shared by ghost, you will only be downloading ONE at a time from him. Every time there is a disconnection and reconnection you will likely switch to a different file, which is probably why it is taking 6 MONTHS to finish them! Wouldn't you rather have some of them finish so you can watch them? I guarantee I have downloaded hundreds of files over that period of time, but I only have 6 or so active at any one time. (I just checked, I have over 400 movies downloaded complete and still unwatched from the past 5 months!) I seriously suggest that you PAUSE a large number of your downloads and allow some of them to actually finish!

As a side note, I frequently check the Requested files link (at the top of the FLM page) to see what files I have that I can reshare from my external drives. However, requests only stay on the list for 2 weeks. I only have limited drive space on my computer, so after 2 weeks I delete them again if no one is downloading them from me. If the person has not gotten them in 2 weeks because they are downloading something else from me, then oh well too bad. I can not keep sharing every file I download for six months!
theoldmovies

Post by theoldmovies »   0 likes

oh i didnt know that....

thanks for the information night
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Very well explained, Night457. :thumbsup

That's exactly how it works. The principle of filesharing.