[REL] What Girls Learn (2001)

For An Angel

[REL] What Girls Learn (2001)

Post by For An Angel »   6 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287128/
Elizabeth Perkins gives a bravura performance as a quirky, eccentric single mother raising two daughters who are entering their awkward, trying teenage years. As their mother, provider, teacher and best friend, she shares with them her zest for life, in which the unconventional and unexpected are always just around the corner. "Normal," she claims, "is rather dull." But, true to form, there's one surprise she's neglected to tell her daughters: she has been carrying on a long-distance romance with Nick (Scott Bakula) and had decided to uproot the family and move them from rural Georgia to Nick's home in Long Island, New York. And while her daughters struggle with the sudden addition of a new "Father" into their lives, there is yet another abrupt, startling revelation from Mama -- one that forces everyone to confront love, pain, loss and, ultimately, acceptance.
The sisters are played by Alison Pill & Tamara Hope. I'm not really sure, but I think they were supposed to be fraternal twins; they both look about 13-14 in this movie. I last saw Alison in Scott Pilgrim VS The World and imho, she is very good at playing angry. From reviews of this movie, a lot of people seemed to hate her character because she's rarely nice to people but she was my favorite of the two. She's just had a hard time adjusting to the loss of a parent and her new life with a stepdad. I must have a thing for sassy girls with aggressive attitudes. :blush Tamara has always had an ethereal quality to her acting although she's not quite as quirky as her "I fear the wind" alien character from "Stepsister From Planet Weird" lol... I hesitate to say that there are OT scenes in this (mainly because I'm still kinda unsure as to what exactly that means :wall ). Except for the ending being really sad, there are a lot of fun scenes between the two girls, with talk of first periods and bras (and the eternal question of whether to stuff or not to stuff :think )

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [773.06 Mb]
ptguardian

Re: [REL] What Girls Learn (2001)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

a little sappy at times, but over all a good film with some fun moments :cool

thanks again ForAnAngel :thumbsup