[REL] Il sole nella pelle (1971) aka Summer Affair

starfish21

Re: [REL] Il sole nella pelle (1971) aka Summer Affair

Post by starfish21 »   2 likes

my caps are all resized to 1024x768 and sharpened up.

i didn't like the look of the copy so i resized it to 860x544,i realise that's a strange size but it looks a bit better.

[Image]
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   64 likes

i may have the same rip as you Starfish. playing at 4:3 is only a slight difference. not big enough for the trouble of another rip. correct aspect ratio is a bunch of crap for those with OCD to worry about. if you are watching on your PC a good media player can play any aspect you want. one click in vlc i was able to change aspect ratio. all my external media players will do the same.

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.09 Gb]
English and all her good bits are there

:cool
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

you're absolutely spot on with the aspect ratio comment,it's only for dvd players.i watch everything from my pc.
by the way....i thought the movie was quite piss.

[Image]
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

she has her moments, but the guy takes away to much of her screen time. director must be gay or it was a woman. :naughty

i wasn't going to post this if I was the only source, but when i upped to the Mule i found others ;) so it is here if wanted and she does fit the age limit(barely)

@starfish-i have seen that smiley before and like it, i only wish it didn't have the white box
FLL

Post by FLL »   26 likes

Good for you that you don't care about aspect ratio, but that feeling isn't universal. Correct AR is part of the overall quality of a release. A smaller part than many other factors, but still a part. Not everyone has the ability to easily and correctly adjust ARs when viewing a film, and more importantly, it's not always clear what the correct AR is without checking various parts of a film. Is it worth a rerip? Depends on the individual circumstances, often not. But getting it right is a goal.

Used to watching SD TV channels on a HD TV I am usually numb to the problem, but mostly if it's news/talk shows etc where I am as much listening as watching. Movies I am intently watching the AR usually bothers me if it's far enough off. But just like most people I probably look at my own feelings and assume everyone else feels the same. Which is seldom true.
ptguardian wrote: Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.09 Gb]
English and all her good bits are there
FYI here is what zhaul-san said about this particular rip on another forum.
it is sad to see that this version has been edited and the first 4-5 minutes or so were changed to make it look like it was a movie from the late 70's, so the scene where you can learn how lisa is so gullible is lost, and the other is the end. in the italian original version, robert runs from the cops only to try to jump into lisa's father boat but he falls on it´s propellers, you learn this from a chat between two journalist talking about how he died.
Thanks, :clap, this is enough for a REL I think.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

the goal is always to have the best possible viewing experience, but correct aspect is a matter of perspective. it is different for European compared to American TV(PAL vs NTSC). the only common ground is the PC. therefore media player is the very easy solution. it caters to each individual and their own preference. if the aspect is way off than yes a better rip would be wanted. i do realize that Starfish commented that it looked odd. that is why i posted a comment to assure Starfish he can save himself the hassle.

it was just a casual comment. i certainly did not intend my comment to apply universally, only to this movie.
:think
rarefilm666

Post by rarefilm666 »   0 likes

<Post and user removed by Admin>
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Are you human? This is a word-for-word cut and paste from the first post in this thread, and if you have the full uncut version, why are you looking for someone to give you another?
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

what a strange post!