[REL] Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn (1986)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn (1986)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Oh, I am downloading that monster right now. Apparently I avoided it back in my days of slower bandwidth, athough I certainly saw ghost's post. Now I have no excuses. Thank you ghost!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Please let me know if you notice any discernable difference in quality. Let the bandwidth flow.
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   1 likes

Looks good thanks night!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   3 likes

A few years ago ghost posted a link to a 9.8Gb ulozto version here:
viewtopic.php?p=84531#p84531

This post compares that version to my 3.26Gb release.

Basic specs of ulozto version:
Spoiler:

General : Děti z Bullerbynu - Alla vi Barn i Bullerbyn (1986) J&J.mkv
Format : Matroska at 14.5 Mb/s
Length : 9.15 GiB for 1 h 30 min 39 s 40 ms

Video #0 : AVC at 13.2 Mb/s
Aspect : 1920 x 1080 (1.784) at 24.000 fps

Audio #0 : AC-3 at 192 kb/s
Infos : 2 channels, 48.0 kHz
Language : cs

Audio #1 : AC-3 at 640 kb/s
Infos : 6 channels, 48.0 kHz
Language : sv

Audio #2 : AC-3 at 448 kb/s
Infos : 6 channels, 48.0 kHz
Language : ru

Text #0 : UTF-8
Language : ru

Text #1 : UTF-8
Language : en
Video: In theory the huge 13.2 Mb/s vs smaller 4.5 Mb/s bitrate makes the bigger video much better, and I certainly see no flaws in it. But I can not see real differences in video quality on my tiny computer monitor. (Small monitor, bad eyes.) Here are screenshots that can be compared on a large monitor and maybe YOU will see differences.

LEFT - 9.8Gb ulozto | RIGHT - 3.26 Gb mine

[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]

Audio: both versions seem to have the same Swedish 5.1 track. The big file has an excellent Czech stereo dub and also a Russian single-voice voiceover track.

Subtitles: The big file has Russian subtitles that seem to be in sync, from my brief look, but I am not qualified to read Russian. The internal optional English subtitles are out of sync in portions and have formatting I do not like, with tildes (~) in place of hyphens (-) to indicate two speakers, and asterisks (*) to indicate voiceover. There may be a version on opensubtitles with italicized font on the voiceover, I dunno because I have not looked. MY subtitles do not have italics; I may have eliminated them long ago because I personally don't like them. However, my subtitles are properly synced because the ulozto file has the same runtime.

Screencaps showing tildes and asterisks:
[Image][Image]
[Note, that is the girl speaking in voiceover, not the growling dog! And those internal English subtitles are about 31 seconds LATE in that spot. External English subtitles are an absolute MUST.]

Summary: I see no problems with the smaller file, which is why I Released it.
The larger file is great for anyone who wants the other audio tracks or who really likes the movie and has the drive space. I am definitely keeping it because I LOVE the movie, and the next time I watch the movie I will watch this version.

English external subtitles synced to 9.8Gb ulozto file:
Děti z Bullerbynu - Alla vi Barn i Bullerbyn (1986) J&J.en.srt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for the well-articulated rundown, Night. I can barely make out slightly more detail in the larger file, for instance, the stripes on the dress in the fishing screenshot are just a tad more distinct. I know I'll love this movie, but I think I'll watch your version first.

By the way, I share your aesthetic preference for hyphens and minimal/non-existent formatting.
Night457
Global Moderator

1.67Gb Swedish 5.1 with optional English subtitles, well-seeded torrent: https://yts.mx/movies/the-children-of-n ... llage-1986
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Oh nice. Curious, do you notice any difference in the English subtitles?

The yts file claims to be a bluray rip. Do you recall if the previous 3gb rip is a web-dl?
Night457
Global Moderator

I did not even look at the translation because I was distracted by the formatting.

Lisa's narration is indicated with asterisks

Code: Select all

* narration *
instead of italics.
Two person dialog is indicated with tildes

Code: Select all

~ first person talking
~ second person talking
instead of dashes.

This is really weird and annoying and asterisks are certainly not standard SDH format as far as I have ever seen. It is easy enough to CTRL+H to eliminate the asterisks and replace tildes with dashes. I don't need italics. Of course I don't need this file either as I have probably a half dozen versions and am trying to download another from the.nextthing.club. I am just providing an alternate source for someone who might want an easy fast download.

I have no idea of the sources for the other files, but the Blu has been around since 2009 so it is probably that.

YTS English subtitles here:
The.Children.Of.Noisy.Village.1986.1080p.BluRay.x264.AAC5.1-[YTS.MX].srt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.