[REL] The Hunger Games (2012)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Hunger Games (2012)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:keep in mind phuzzy is good about only putting a movie to [REL] when a valid proper and confirmed link has been posted.
Especially when I'm the one who validated and confirmed it here. :lol:
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
ptguardian wrote:keep in mind phuzzy is good about only putting a movie to [REL] when a valid proper and confirmed link has been posted.
Especially when I'm the one who validated and confirmed it here. :lol:
I see, thx.
Just saying, once a link is verified couldn't hurt to place it at the top of the original post.
[REL] The Hunger Games (2012) would expect to see a release right on top, for example.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Amadeus wrote:Just saying, once a link is verified couldn't hurt to place it at the top of the original post.
That's never been done before, and I'm not going to start now. You're talking about close to 4000 threads and 32000 posts (they all have to be read to find the latest release link, you know). They'd also have to be continually updated every time someone posted a better version.

Tell you what, you pay me $30 an hour for the time I'd have to put in on it and I'll do it just for you. I'm guessing I'll have enough for a vacation in the Bahamas by the time I'm done. :D

Seems a lot easier for people to just read the entire thread.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Its a good idea, Amadeus. That is how its done at STF, for instance. However, like Phuzzy4242 says, it is rather difficult to implement at this stage, unless mimzy can conjure up a spell/script! And even then things will not be foolproof, because the last link posted to a thread is not necessarily the best one. Perhaps we could try doing this for new threads. And perhaps we could avoid posting irrelevant stuff in the release thread - e.g. these last few posts belong in the site help and development form.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

I am not familiar with STF and I don't know how they do it, but adding links to the first post would not be a good idea for several reasons. Firstly, the first poster would get lots of likes even if he didn't post any links ;) Secondly, you'd often need the context to decide which links to download.

I was thinking about maybe adding a button to hide all posts that do not contain any ed2k links, so long threads with irrelevant posts like this can be browsed faster. I could implement this when I have some time (not very soon).
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

it sounds like a lot of work for something that we don't really need.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

It can be chancy to modify phpBB too far from original because things can get hosed the next time there's an upgrade. If a change is really necessary, it might be simpler to run a SQL query like you do with IMDb and put messages with ed2k links on the front page. Sort by film name and posting date old-to-new. Don't post the ed2k link, just the message link so you have to read the post and 'Like' the film (and be a member) just like before. Fewer changes to phpBB and easier to keep up-to-date.

Output maybe something like this...

Eu me lembro (2005) [Brazil]
Pretty Baby (1978)
Pretty Baby (1978) (this one's newer than the other - but lots bigger)
The Hunger Games (2012) USA (this one's a telesync)
The Hunger Games (2012) (this is verified)
The Hunger Games (2012) (this is an additional unneeded link)

IMO any thread needs to be read all the way through anyway so you know what you're getting. In Pretty Baby, the first one is 1.69 GB and the second is 7.13 GB. In Hunger Games, the first is a telesync and the last is an additional link to one already verified in a prior post - the original poster won't get a 'Like'.

The simplest solution if you don't want to read the entire thread is to start reading from its last page backwards to find the latest ed2k link.