[REL] Don't be afraid of the dark (2010)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Don't be afraid of the dark (2010)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:Looks like one of the FLM dozen elite released this. :)

No pics?

When I told everyone it was available I was hoping for one of the silent members to come forward and gain some attention. :roll:
eMule search found at least 4 links (and 2 for the 1973 Kim Darby version), torrents found at least a dozen. I didn't even try hard to find these.

LURKERS AND LEECHERS! GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND HELP OUT!

Somehow I doubt that's going to help much, but what the hey - it's worth a try. :lol:
ptguardian wrote:I know. 'Hand feeding doesn't work'. Or does it? ;)
It does if you don't mind losing some fingers.

Funny, but somehow I don't feel elite. <sigh>
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I don't mind that Yoko released it but a thumb sheet or other pics at least confirms it for people. ;)

I had this movie yesterday and it was all over torrent.

It was also released over a month ago from a hdrip with Korean hard coated subs(annoying), this current release is clean and proper dvdrip.

The little creatures coming at her in the tub is a great scene.

[Image]

To help members even further here is where most of the scene gets their releases mentioned first.

http://sceper.eu/2011/12/dont-be-afraid ... 3-sic.html
and
http://www.rlslog.net/dont-be-afraid-of ... d-ac3-sic/
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

ptguardian wrote:I don't mind that Yoko released it but a thumb sheet or other pics at least confirms it for people. ;)
yoko may have been in a hurry or didn't have time. The movie link is the main thing.
ptguardian wrote:To help members even further here is where most of the scene gets their releases mentioned first.

and
Now THAT is helpful. I never knew where you were finding things - this is a start. MUCH appreciated.
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

Sorry if it wasn't clear that the link was confirmed. I got this file from a friend.

Also, lots of material was already posted in this thread and I thought that only link was needed...

So, would it be OK if "lurkers" help out with small things like links, or should they rather not post at all if they cannot make "proper" posts?

If somebody is in a hurry, would it be OK to post just a link, or rather wait until there is eventually enough time to gather info, make thumbnails, write commentary, etc.?

(Ruining another REL thread with irrelevant discussion...)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote: yoko may have been in a hurry or didn't have time. The movie link is the main thing.
Yoko is also a trusted uploader so I knew it was a confirmed file. However if it happens too often we may get files from new people that are not confirmed.
Nuit et brouillard is the most recent example that comes to mind.

ptguardian wrote:To help members even further here is where most of the scene gets their releases mentioned first.

and
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Now THAT is helpful. I never knew where you were finding things - this is a start. MUCH appreciated.
You are welcome. I have many tools that I use to find material. This is one of them.

Keep in mind I only use those sites for reference. I never use the DDL from them because 'anyone' can provide links and often they cannot be trusted. Both sites are however very fast in letting people know what is out there. Shortly after being announced most files will make their way to torrent or other popular sites for movies that have uploaders that have trusted reputations.

:)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

yokodreamer wrote:Sorry if it wasn't clear that the link was confirmed. I got this file from a friend.

Also, lots of material was already posted in this thread and I thought that only link was needed...

So, would it be OK if "lurkers" help out with small things like links, or should they rather not post at all if they cannot make "proper" posts?

If somebody is in a hurry, would it be OK to post just a link, or rather wait until there is eventually enough time to gather info, make thumbnails, write commentary, etc.?

(Ruining another REL thread with irrelevant discussion...)
yoko, you are a valued poster and we knew your link was valid - that's why I moved this to [REL]ease. I also commented that you may have been rushed for some reason we didn't know about. Besides that, you're not a "lurker" by any means. :clap
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

ptguardian wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Now THAT is helpful. I never knew where you were finding things - this is a start. MUCH appreciated.
You are welcome. I have many tools that I use to find material. This is one of them.

Keep in mind I only use those sites for reference. I never use the DDL from them because 'anyone' can provide links and often they cannot be trusted. Both sites are however very fast in letting people know what is out there. Shortly after being announced most files will make their way to torrent or other popular sites for movies that have uploaders that have trusted reputations.

:)
I agree, I rarely use DDL. ;)
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:yoko, you are a valued poster and we knew your link was valid - that's why I moved this to [REL]ease. I also commented that you may have been rushed for some reason we didn't know about. Besides that, you're not a "lurker" by any means. :clap
I wasn't pissed or anything, just tried to raise some general questions.

I think this kind of discussion needs to be removed from REL threads. In addition to the current thread, the following threads come to my mind:

[REL] Motýlí cas (1990)
[REL] The Famous Five (TV Series) (1996)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I really don't want to step on anyone's posts unless they're abusive or intended to hurt someone. Part of the fun here is our interaction with each other, and conversations are often enlightening even when they're not directly about a particular thread's topic. To start that kind of editing would inevitably cause hard feelings.
yokodreamer wrote:So, would it be OK if "lurkers" help out with small things like links, or should they rather not post at all if they cannot make "proper" posts?

To answer your questions, of course it's OK for "lurkers" to help out in any way they want, and we're happy to get any links, info, or whatever - we or the original poster can always fill in the blanks later.

ptg was just observing that you, as one of the few regulars on FLM - the so-called "elite" - posted this instead of one of the many people who come here only to leech, even though he gave LOTS of information about how to get this file so one of them might step up and help out. With so few people contributing to the board, even a few more people being involved benefits everyone.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I really don't want to step on anyone's posts unless they're abusive or intended to hurt someone. Part of the fun here is our interaction with each other, and conversations are often enlightening even when they're not directly about a particular thread's topic. To start that kind of editing would inevitably cause hard feelings.
Well, maybe not delete, just move to General. Like FLL did with LGB. That was an extreme example, though :mrgreen: