[REL] Twixt (2011)

kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Twixt (2011)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Ok.... :think

Can someone explain what the hell I just watched??? :wall

(Obviously; don't click the 'spoiler' button if you have NOT watched the entire movie... ;) )
Spoiler:

The unveiling of the 'staked corpse:

Honestly, who in the hell did NOT expect it to be Elle/Virginia/V?? My questions:

A.) When Hall pulled the sheet back, WAS that Elle at first? The girl didn't look a thing like her..

B.) As he prepared to pull the stake out, did she say "Help me. FUCK me daddy." ?? I know sexual misconduct on the 'father's' part seemed to be hinted at in a few quick scenes.

The blurring/blending of reality and the dream world throughout was handled pretty nicely, but over-all the film left me feeling unsatisfied..
I wish I could have liked this better. :(

I don't know the problem.. I guess I was expecting more from Coppola...

kev.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

I wasn't impressed by this at all. I was expecting more, maybe because of the name attached to it. It does bring to light a problem in society that needs to be fixed (if you can). So do about 100+ other films.
Spoiler:

The morgue part could have been done without though I got the message even without that part. Yes it did look like Elle and probably was her.

Edited to save further spoilage of the film...
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i havent seen this yet,
Spoiler:

so there's a morgue scene in it,and elle is.. i'm guessing .. lying on a slab..dead,excellent,
cheers Quickone,i'll not bother watching it now.

Edited by kev.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Hmm.. I kinda like morgue scenes - must be all those detective/crime series I've watched. :oops:

On a related note (still haven't finished downloading this - just seen previews) I'm reminded of Grouch Marx's comment on a film: No picture can hold my interest where the leading man's bust is larger than the leading lady's! I'm inclined to think along similar lines when I see Val Kilmer's pony tail. :hand
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

....*sigh*

Though maybe worded harshly as to be not taken seriously, my hidden questions above WERE sincere ones...

I was hoping for responses from someone who HAD seen the film, and had a valid, coherent explanation of what they had seen. Their own interpretation. I know there's got to be some members that really like the movie and having left the film with a positive feeling might be able to shed some light on the murky loose ends I've had problems with.

Please 'Spoiler' [IE: click on the 'Spoiler' button at the top right end of the window you make your post in] your answers if you're going to give away integral plot twists.. PM me if you would like. This film struck a chord with me, and I want to like it better. (Maybe I will re-watch it this weekend and see if my feelings change.. :think )

kev.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Sorry folks had no idea how to do that. Really sorry didn't mean to ruin it for anyone. :icon_frown2 :icon_frown2 :icon_frown2 :icon_frown2 :icon_frown2 :icon_frown2 :icon_frown2
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

kev wrote:Ok.... :think

Can someone explain what the hell I just watched??? :wall

(Obviously; don't click the 'spoiler' button if you have NOT watched the entire movie... ;) )
Spoiler:

Honestly, who in the hell did NOT expect it to be Elle/Virginia/V?? My questions:

A.) When Hall pulled the sheet back, WAS that Elle at first? The girl didn't look a thing like her..

B.) As he prepared to pull the stake out, did she say "Help me. FUCK me daddy." ?? I know sexual misconduct on the 'father's' part seemed to be hinted at in a few quick scenes.

The blurring/blending of reality and the dream world throughout was handled pretty nicely, but over-all the film left me feeling unsatisfied..
I wish I could have liked this better. :(

I don't know the problem.. I guess I was expecting more from Coppola...

kev.
I watched this carefully after all these comments and I must say, I didn't get everything either. Who killed the girl and why? Were the drunken dreams of the author just dreams or reality?
Spoiler:

As to A.) He never actually pulled the sheet off the first time - he dreamt it, and imagined the corpse to be that of his own daughter who had perished in a bizarre boating accident which he blames himself for, hence the heavy drinking.
Bottom line - I should put this in my signature ;) - there are a lot of weird people out there, and some of them make movies. :roll:
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

emuler wrote:
kev wrote:Ok...

Spoiler:

kev.
I watched this carefully after all these comments and I must say, I didn't get everything either. Who killed the girl and why? Were the drunken dreams of the author just dreams or reality?
Spoiler:

As to A.) He never actually pulled the sheet off the first time - he dreamt it, and imagined the corpse to be that of his own daughter who had perished in a bizarre boating accident which he blames himself for, hence the heavy drinking.
Ahhhhhhhh!! Part of your answer makes perfect sense, emuler!!!! Many thanks.

What about question 'B'? Why and who would be saying that and did they say what I think they said??

I will watch this again over the weekend... :think

kev.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i just watched this,quite strange but nothing we havent seen before,lots of comicbook-like characters in a cgi movie set,I think 'sin city' was the first to do that,they've clearly not improved on it in the years since.I expect Elle to treat this as a stepping stone to better things.
some pics behind the spoiler button. :D
Spoiler:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Spoiler:

LOL I never thought I'd see a vampire with braces. I kinda like it, it's sort of kinky. :lol: