[REL] La Femme-Enfant (1980)

Sully23

Re: [REL] La Femme-Enfant (1980)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I have to assume that Penelope did not want to show off too much, only the director chose to show her from behind and as for a supposed deleted scene, I think it could only be that Kinski spread a cloth in front of the camera so that it could not be seen. It is usually more common in this kind of scenes.
deadman

Post by deadman »   3 likes

Csetus85 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:41 am Unfortunately the dvd is maybe a cut version. Among the photos on imdb, there are two, one shows that Kinski gets the girl out the bathtub, and an other that probably happens after, but the movie doesn't contain these parts.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083933/me ... _=tt_mi_sm

Shame, this girl is very hot.

You're talking about these I assume:

[Image]

[Image]

Those look like production stills. Photos taken by studio photographers on set. The actors usually pose for them. Some are made into movie posters, others distributed to reviewers so they have something to illustrate their articles, they're also released in press packets and end up decorating the back of the DVD jacket.

Promos aren't usually taken while they're filming a real scene. Disappointing I know. You see something that wasn't in the movie or viewed from a different angle and hope there's extra content you might be able to find. It's always possible there are corresponding deleted scenes, but most of the time not.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:00 am
Csetus85 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:41 am Unfortunately the dvd is maybe a cut version.
It’s actually the opposite: in Germany, ARD aired this film in 1981 but that version is 1m40s shorter than the French DVD.

I do wonder where the TVRip that’s still being shared in this thread originates from.
Quickone

Re: [REL]LA FEMME-ENFANT(1980)

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 pm Thank you starfish! She looks a little like a gelfling but she's cute. :dance
What's a "gelfling"?. Thanks, Starfish.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Quickone wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:58 am What's a "gelfling"?.
[Image]
Gelfling are a race of elf-like creatures native to the planet of Thra.
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Gelfling ... r%20lives.

From the movie The Dark Crystal (1982)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Hey Quickone, I think Phuzzy4242 was referring to the fantasy race from The Dark Crystal movie (and later series). They have an odd, pixie/elf-ish and human-like appearance, and have rather serene character traits. I am not sure if I see Phuzzy's comparison, but some kids just look weird, yeah in a cute way too.

[Image]

edit: of course Night beats me!

Anyways, after watching this movie quite some time ago, I read about it a little, and of course, learned more about Kinski. He had a lot to say about his distaste for the production of this movie and for Palmer's insecurities. And after I read a little about his performance in Aguirre, he seemed like a difficult actor to work with!
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:07 am
Quickone wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:58 am What's a "gelfling"?.
[Image]
Gelfling are a race of elf-like creatures native to the planet of Thra.
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Gelfling ... r%20lives.

From the movie The Dark Crystal (1982)
Ahh, thanks.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Klaus was a brilliant but temperamental actor also known on and off the movie sets for indulging in ... everything. He was certainly never reticent to share his opinions, either, whether they were coherent or just part of one of his screaming rages. He played up his bad reputation in his semi-fictional autobiography and admitted he may have exaggerated a little. I never could understand how someone with such a scary-looking face could spawn so lovely a daughter in Nastassja.

He stars in some of my favorite movies but I can not pretend for a second that he was anything but a talented s***. He is one of the main reasons why I do not expect to actually like an actor (or director) personally in order to appreciate their work! Actually, I start by assuming that most of them are probably jerks. If they are quiet and keep their stupidities to themselves, then I admire them!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:00 am Klaus was a brilliant but temperamental actor also known on and off the movie sets for indulging in ... everything. He was certainly never reticent to share his opinions, either, whether they were coherent or just part of one of his screaming rages. He played up his bad reputation in his semi-fictional autobiography and admitted he may have exaggerated a little. I never could understand how someone with such a scary-looking face could spawn so lovely a daughter in Nastassja.

He stars in some of my favorite movies but I can not pretend for a second that he was anything but a talented s***. He is one of the main reasons why I do not expect to actually like an actor (or director) personally in order to appreciate their work! Actually, I start by assuming that most of them are probably jerks. If they are quiet and keep their stupidities to themselves, then I admire them!
(Werner) Herzog described him as "one of the greatest actors of the century, but also a monster and a great pestilence."

Posthumously, his legacy has been further tangled by accusations of physical and sexual abuse of his daughters Pola and Nastassja, themselves actresses. His notoriety and prolific output has developed into a widespread cult following and a reputation as a popular icon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaus_Kinski
It’s interesting how then others have described Werner Herzog and his work:
French filmmaker François Truffaut once called Herzog "the most important film director alive". American film critic Roger Ebert said that Herzog "has never created a single film that is compromised, shameful, made for pragmatic reasons, or uninteresting. Even his failures are spectacular."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Herzog
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

More comments on Kinski
Spoiler:

It was the Herzog films that really brought Kinski to my attention. Herzog is his own kind of nut, but not like that of the out-of-control monster of his late friend. There were occasions, Herzog claims, where Herzog in exasperation seriously threatened to murder his "best fiend" and frequent star. It is one of his South American movies (either "Aguirre" or "Fitzcarraldo") where the local jungle native actors were utterly appalled by Kinski's deranged outbursts, having never witnessed anything of the sort, and also offered to eliminate the "pestilence" for Werner.