[REL] Hugo (2011)

ptguardian

Re: [REL] Hugo (2011)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

:D

Much of Hugo is based off Georges Méliès life and this little short ties in nicely to the film Hugo. Watching Hugo first helps I think in appreciating the pioneering genius of Georges Méliès's Le voyage dans la lune AKA- A Trip to the Moon
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

I saw this movie in the theater, my motivation was Chloe as I am not a Scorsese fan.

I am glad that I saw it, HOLY SHIT did he make a film that is a true movie makers film.

The history lesson and the nod to film making from a bygone era was what I took away from this movie.

I highly recommend this movie to be seen by all.

And Chloe did not disappoint, I was impressed with her performance.

Check this movie out.
ptguardian

If you are using an old laptop you are probably S.O.L. for this file but if it is a desktop you can find really cheap video cards for older computers on Amazon. Faster card does wonders for performance.

If you can download via torrent here is a good quality rip with lower bit rate that you should be able to play http://1337x.org/torrent/304331/0/ or you can always buy the movie next week, I already have it pre-prdered. :D
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Guest wrote:...but I think I do have the most update version of VLC for my system (version1.1.111)??... I am running Win XP Pro with service packs 2 and 3 and many security updates...
The current VLC version is v2.0.0 Twoflower.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:
Guest wrote:...but I think I do have the most update version of VLC for my system (version1.1.111)??... I am running Win XP Pro with service packs 2 and 3 and many security updates...
The current VLC version is v2.0.0 Twoflower.
I have version 1.1.11 and this file worked for me with no problems.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i just watched this,well made movie,i don't understand how this can be listed as a 'US' movie when it was set and shot in France and except for Chloë had a completely Uk cast :?

[Image]
[Image]

[Image][Image]
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

yup! you described it perfectly,when i described it as 'well made' i was referring to the visual effects,a lot of cgi obviously, but some great shots all the same,not a memorable movie in any way, so i reckon it'll be forgotten quite quickly.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

The story took place in France but it was mainly shot in England. What I want to know is how come there was no one speaking French in France in the 1930's? The problem with the movie for me was that I went into it wanting to see a Chloe movie so whenever she wasn't on the screen it felt like it kind of dragged. Although, the scenes at the end paying homage early silent films were interesting to me even though I'm not a fan of really old movies. I actually thought Sacha Baron Cohen was funny; at least he was restrained enough to not be annoying. It's not my favorite Chloe movie but at the same time I don't regret seeing it. If anything, I'm glad she chose to make it because it's been nominated for 11 Oscars this year (including Best Picture and Best Director), which is more than any other movie. And it has a 93% rating on rotten tomatoes based on 195 reviews so I don't think people are going to forget this movie anytime soon. And in case anyone wants it, here is Chloe's version of the poster. :mrgreen:
[Image]
ptguardian

Guest obviously figured out a solution to watching this.

To each his own on reviews. Everyone has an opinion. :roll: Considering its popularity and awards/nominations obviously a lot of people got more out of it than the few here giving a little negativity. I thought it was an excellent film.

It was directed to an American audience so being in French would have not been received well at all. The large amount of money this film made so far shows it hit its goal and then some. Something to consider about the CGI, the film was shot in 3D(not post converted) so seeing it in 2D the perspective in some scenes is a bit off.
ptguardian

[Image]

5 Oscars for Hugo