[REL] Bunny Drop/Usagi doroppu (2011)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Bunny Drop/Usagi doroppu (2011)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:I realy lie on the sofa, dimmed light..
I can not watch movies while lying down because that means I would be looking through the close-up part of my multi-focal lenses, but if I did lie down then I would fall asleep that much quicker! Sleeping while sitting straight up drinking coffee is no problem for me.

80 hours a week, popdrome? Oof! Working multiple 60-hour weeks wore me down. But I can't pretend that I actually found that work fulfilling, so that makes a difference. I don't object to sleeping when I am tired. As for meditation? Well, for most of the year I would take quiet, meditative daily walks in the rural area I live. It was not an exceptionally vigorous workout but it did wonders for my peace of mind. I am afraid I got out of the habit with some bitter cold and ice/snow on the ground. I was still outdoors shoveling snow, but that does not quite work for putting my mind into a meditative calm. I have long looked at good movies as a means of inducing alpha waves.

A few years ago my movie-backlog was at its worst when I had over 300 unwatched blu-rays in addition to anything downloaded. That bothered me because I actually spent $$$ on those movies! A period of enforced isolation allowed me to get caught up on all of those, as well as all my unread books. To get caught up on my more recent "free" downloaded movies, I would have to watch 2 to 3 every single day. I can't do that anymore because my health demands more time spent on being physically active rather than sitting in my recliner!
popdrome wrote:I'm being off topic here but just felt the urge to comment sowwy soz
If you would like to get into a competition for posting off topic then I say GAME ON!!!! :lol:
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:80 hours a week, popdrome? Oof! Working multiple 60-hour weeks wore me down. But I can't pretend that I actually found that work fulfilling, so that makes a difference.
Well yes if you count crunching numbers in trains, taxi's and planes as 'work'. Yes it was fulfilling I brought our supermarket concept somewhere closer to you. As you might know I am a composer really, so THAT is a whole other story I'd do projects at night even. Different phases in life eh? Speaking of which, I'm quite religious on meditating though..
alpha waves
that's what it's all about sir. :D
Night457 wrote:A few years ago my movie-backlog was at its worst when I had over 300 unwatched blu-rays in addition to anything downloaded. That bothered me because I actually spent $$$ on those movies! A period of enforced isolation allowed me to get caught up on all of those, as well as all my unread books.
by golly that's impressive! Oh I've yet to see so many! Gotta be honest though the more you've seen, the more you get bored by cliché and same-story-all-over.. After a year of that you can become a casting director, right? You'd make a good one! :cool
Night457 wrote: If you would like to get into a competition for posting off topic then I say GAME ON!!!! :lol:
we're quite a pair you and I! :icon_alc

Don't go quietly into the night.
Night457
Global Moderator

popdrome wrote:Well yes if you count crunching numbers in trains, taxi's and planes as 'work'.
Well I personally would not find it "fun," but I consider anything done for pay to be work, whether or not one enjoys it.
As you might know I am a composer really
Yes! It was that which gave me the thought of fulfilling work.
so THAT is a whole other story I'd do projects at night even.
Ah, c'mon, everyone knows that musicians typically work at night! :)
Gotta be honest though the more you've seen, the more you get bored by cliché and same-story-all-over.
That's what many say but it does not quite work out that way for me. I try to look at it from the Joseph Campbell perspective that across time and cultures, people tell the same stories over and over because those stories provide meaning to their lives.

Indeed, I am sure that Michael Bay knows that his multiple stories of fighting robots speak to some part of the human soul. If I watched them I might be able to make connections with ancient Greek myths.

;)

When I got bored by the familiar Hollywood formulas, I sought out non-Hollywood movies. While it is true that there are directors around the world influenced by Hollywood and some of them clearly follow its formulas, there have been plenty who do not. Even so, I still can watch the same sorts of stories coming from different cultures, and the slight differences make noticing the similarities interesting.

Or maybe that's just me.
Night457
Global Moderator

Night457 wrote:I now have well over 400 unwatched downloaded movies.
I have an embarrassing confession to make: I made a bit of a miscount. :oops: I was looking at my external hard drive again. Of course I count an entire television series as just "one movie" no matter how many episodes, and I had to look into the folders that contained multiple different movies.

I actually have over 500 unwatched downloaded movies, all from the past year.

OK, gotta watch something now ...
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

That's a lot of time who you need to watch it all and I'm sure that you also watching some stuff over streaming.
But I knowing from that problem to collect and don't found time to watch it. Often I have the problem to decide what to watch an at the end I switching through YouTube for hours or start a new Series on Netflix / amazon / Apple TV+ / Disney+ :-X

But I will switch now back from a lot of OT to Usagi Drop...
I never post something here around that movie or series. I like the Anime very much and the Story was so touching. The movie was ok, but ~2 hours are to less for that complex story but well... It's nice to have that one in a real Version.
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

But I will switch now back from a lot of OT to Usagi Drop...
I never post something here around that movie or series. I like the Anime very much and the Story was so touching. The movie was ok, but ~2 hours are to less for that complex story but well... It's nice to have that one in a real Version.
Finally someone switched back to the subject of this thread! :lol: :icon_idea2