[REL] Dark Shadows (2012)

ptguardian

Re: [REL] Dark Shadows (2012)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:if someone wants to post a camrip they're perfectly entitled to,theres no rule here governing quality,and neither should there be.most of the main posters are fussy about quality,but some don't give a shit,and just want to see it and delete it.there are plenty of shite movies here.
I am not saying one cannot post a camrip as it has been done many times. However, when we have a greatly anticipated mainstream release it does take a lot of the positive energy away from whomever does end up posting a proper rip. To set a film to [REL] with a camrip we are encouraging people to find any old crap so they can get credit for making a [REL]. Also even though most of us know what a TS is (camrip) there will still be people grabbing it and wasting bandwidth unknowingly. I certainly don't want to do that to people on purpose. ;) :(
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i agree with all your reasons,but we shouln't prevent someone releasing a movie because of the quality,besides...if it encourages new releasers then that's good,let someone get credit for links that they found,lets be honest,it's very difficult to find something before the main releasers,and the TS would very quickly be forgotten.like you...i'd rather be skinned and salted than watch the shitty cams,like watching through a fishtank,with roaring rasping sound.

[Image]
ptguardian

If anything I made enough of a stink that I am sure someone got my point and I see your point in letting people release what they can but I still don't think a TS/camrip should be enough to warrant a [REL]. Something else to consider in this case the poster doesn't have to be the one sharing/wasting his bandwidth on that file. He posted a link that has lots of sources 40+ so no skin off his neck if you get my drift ;)

I said my piece.

[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

As a compromise I added a note to emuler's post (https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... =10#p55811) explaining it was a camrip and people may want to wait for a proper release. I was hoping it wouldn't cause an argument when I moved this - I too would rather have a proper release - but some people are impatient, and if they want to waste their bandwidth, more power to them.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I agree with PTg. Let it stay in [REQ]/Forthcoming releases until we get a retail rip. Until then, anything available should be mentioned - youtube clips, CAM/TS, TV, etc. Who knows, they might decide to delay the DVD/BD release - they often do, to allow it to get more money from the theaters.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Dark Shadows (2012)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

OK, we'll hold off until there's a proper release. :)
starfish21

This shouldn't even be debated,The rule is that once a movie has a working link,it can be classified as a release,there's no measuring stick for quality, how good does a movie have to be before it becomes a [REL]? screener? R5? dvdrip? we need clarity. if we're going to ignore the forum guidelines,then maybe a new rule should be introduced.personally,i would accept nothing less than dvd quality,starting with r5.
ptguardian

I am for a new guideline to be added. ( obviously :lol: )
starfish21 wrote: if we're going to ignore the forum guidelines,then maybe a new rule should be introduced.personally,i would accept nothing less than dvd quality,starting with r5.
I am sure you meant nothing less than dvd'rip' quality and I agree. For any movie that will/can be easily found either currently or in the near future we should have nothing less than an r5 with decent audio(line or studio not cam) qualify for a [REL]. Any movie that is rare and cannot not be found any other way, by all means post what you can find. How about it?

Keep in mind all of you said waiting for a dvdrip and or brrip is recommended for Both Dark Shadows and The Hunger Games instead of a TS(camrip). ;)
starfish21

The simple fact is that anyone wanting an early version of a movie shouldn't really be looking for it here.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:The simple fact is that anyone wanting an early version of a movie shouldn't really be looking for it here.
For some of us, FLM is the only place that we look. E.g. dozens of movies are released on STF every day. I don't have the time or inclination to check them all out - life is short. I depend on FLM to tell me what to look out for.

BTW, do we have a firm release date for the DVD or BR?