[REL] Sanning eller konsekvens (1997)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Sanning eller konsekvens (1997)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks Night, for this just upscaled DVD-Rip. I searched for the DVD too, but nothing. :(

Again: 25fps to 59,94fps. Why???? You can notice a jerk every 2 seconds. Maybe it's just only me again...

I'll check out the 2,5 GB version...
xx_neo_xx

Post by xx_neo_xx »   5 likes

Hello there,

Here is my DVD Remux (lossless) of the PAL version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b4mmcyy0 ... D.mkv/file
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

jezevex wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:58 am Sorry, Night, I overlooked the word "not" in your post...
That's okay, I just assumed you got overexcited seeing someone post about an upscale and glossed over my prose. I tried to keep it as short as I could.
ghost wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:18 am Again: 25fps to 59,94fps. Why???? You can notice a jerk every 2 seconds. Maybe it's just only me again...
*Sigh* I know I just can't win with you. Note I said I did not SEE any jitter -- and I DID sit and watch it entirely. I don't pretend to have the most exquisitely sensitive perception either, but I HAVE seen versions where the jitter makes me cringe. For this one I was fine. And while I use specifications as a tool, ultimately I can only go with what I see. I have encountered other possible upgrades (like one that was on ok.ru for less than a week) that I ultimately rejected once I watched them.

My assumption is that someone took an existing 30fps version and did a Yadif Bob deinterlace (among possibly other processing), which will double the framerate, in this case to 60. Despite the reasons NOT to have 30fps versions, they are EXTREMELY common and I can not change that. If that is what is available online, then someone might try to improve them.
xx_neo_xx wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:43 pm Here is my DVD Remux (lossless) of the PAL version:
OOH! OOH! OOH! Now I am getting excited! As long as we kept posting in this thread, I had hopes that someone would notice. I just finished your quick download source of this, and I am looking forward to it.

But honestly ... I trust ghost's judgment on it more than my own. If it pleases him, I can rest easy.

Thank you very, very much xx_neo_xx!!!!!
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   1 likes

Thank you, xx_neo_xx, your version is the best I've seen so far. Not the best DVD quality in the world, but finally a watchable one without an ocean of compression artefacts in it.

And if our main upgradeologist Ghost could try to even improve it with AI, it would be great... (haven't found the suppliant smiley... :) )
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for the DVD! :P The HD version is on its way ;)
Note I said I did not SEE any jitter -- and I DID sit and watch it entirely.
You even can see it right in the beginning when the camera moves across the road.
Night457
Global Moderator

Ghost approves, yay! :lol:
ghost wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:46 pm You even can see it right in the beginning when the camera moves across the road.
Change the pronoun "You" to "I" and I will accept that statement as correct. :mrgreen:

How steady would someone be as a cameraman if he was walking down the road staring at his feet? I don't even pay attention to asphalt shots like that. I did not even follow during the rapid editing of whatever sport they were playing. I started paying attention during the shower scene.

But I only really care if you are happy with the latest 25fps version from xx_neo_xx. I look forward to your upscale, because I know I don't have to be nervous about that.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Hey big thanks, xx_neo_xx, for your unexpected upgrade! What a time to be alive!

I also can't help but notice jerky motions during panning shots, however I am not quite as affected and it often doesn't cause me to stop watching something unless an upgrade is easily available. I've been interested in this little movie for a while now and I watched the first little bit, but I didn't make it to the shower scene.

Thanks everyone, it's exciting looking forward to future releases.
Night457
Global Moderator

Dude, the director follows a fundamental film rule: make sure to get the audience interested in the first 5 minutes. You did not even wait that long before you decided it was not time yet to settle down with it.

Most movies are so "long" that I need a break in the middle, but this one I can view in one sitting. Although even for just checking out another version, I always make it to the watery scene that pretty much establishes the individual lead characters.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   82 likes

Anyway.. Here's the movie in 720p (AI did its job):
[Image]

Contains German and Swedish audio:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.80 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   3 likes

:onfire Thanks!

English subtitles for ghost's latest and greatest:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.