[REL] The Missy Files (2003) US TV Series Pilots

kev
Site Admin

[REL] The Missy Files (2003) US TV Series Pilots

Post by kev »   16 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465020/

Looks like this show was created for broadcasting on Christian networks:
Starring 12-year-old Harleigh Jean Upton, 'The Missy Files' is a "feel-good dramedy" video series for girls.

"When a girl has...Character, courage and a style all her own...She can do anything."
It also seems that it didn't generate a lot of interest, as there were only 2 episodes made. :lol: (One reason might be because the shows don't 'push Christianity' on the viewers [other than a quick little 'read your bible' group message at the end of each episode].)

The girls are kind of cute [all first time actresses, except for the lead who was in another series by the same producers] and though the acting isn't the greatest, the shows are fun to watch. They both were written and directed by Willie Ames who some members might remember from shows like 'Eight is Enough' and 'Charles in Charge'.

He must have been a big fan of Kevin Sullivan's Public Television adaptation of 'Anne of Green Gables'; as Missy's dialogue is VERY Anne Shirley-ish...

Anyway...
Episode 1: Adventure at Sun Rock Ranch
Synopsis:
In Adventure at Sun Rock Ranch Missy, her parents and her friend Anita spend time at Sun Rock Ranch. The blissful vacation is interrupted when Missy accidentally leaves a gate unlocked and a small calf escapes into the thick brush and canyons that surround the ranch. She convinces Anita that they should venture out on their own to bring the calf back, but they only become lost as well! Will they ever make it back to the ranch?
DVD disk and cover art:
[Image][Image]
Pix:
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

.................................................................................................................................."Don't forget to read your Bible." :lol:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [350.00 Mb]

Episode 2: Changes in the Wind
Synopsis:
In Changes in the Wind, Jaque Joseph is a girl who's just moved into the neighborhood. Missy does her best to befriend her, but Jaque rejects all her efforts. Then, Missy and her friends devise a plan that's sure to work, until something goes horribly wrong! Find out if Missy is able to get through to Jaque despite mishaps.
DVD disk and cover art:
[Image][Image]
Pix:

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [349.98 Mb]

Hope you have fun with these. Each episode is around 40 mins. Set to 'Power Share'. :thumbsup

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Missy Files (2003) US TV Series Pilots

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Would these be better in the regular United States forum?
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Would these be better in the regular United States forum?
That's fine if you think the thread would be better there... My thoughts were that the shows only ran for about 40 mins which would fit better as 'Shorts'... :think

I'm easy. :lol:

kev. (You can cancel out our posts if this thread gets moved.. ) ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

My thought was we have lots of TV series in the regular forums (and the series could grow) and we should probably keep the Shorts forum for short films and such. I moved this thread but I'm easy too so if you want to move it back, go ahead. ;)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

's cool!

LOL!! I guess this is a quick way to chalk up posts for a new thread!! :lol:

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Never heard of these, thanks 8-)

they look like fun :D
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   11 likes

Another pilot/short movie that Aames and Upton did a couple years later. I guess doing a whole series was not meant to ever happen for them. 3rd time was not a charm... :lol:

The Public Life of Sissy Pike: New Girl in Town (2005)
Spoiler:

In Episode One, New Girl in Town, Sissy’s life has become a whirlwind of change. Formerly a Navy Chaplin, Sissy’s father becomes Pastor of a church in the Midwest. And the move from sunny, funky California to the heartland of the Midwest brings on a new kind of culture shock for Sissy as well as the residents of the picturesque town. When the school “princess” takes issue with Sissy’s style of dress, Sissy must come to grips with small town and small church politics. In the end, she learns that moderation and kindness can make the worst situations tolerable.

Featuring Harleigh Jean Upton as "Sissy Pike" and Directed by Willie Aames (Bibleman, Charles in Charge, Eight is Enough).
[Image]

I will leave it in my share folder for a while if anyone wants it.

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [555.87 Mb]

:D
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

your screens are not the most enticing,Ptg,not much there to 'whet the appetite' :D
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:your screens are not the most enticing,Ptg,not much there to 'whet the appetite' :D
I was in the middle of something else and planned to add them later. But since you are in such urgent need for temptation here are a few. :cool1

emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Appetite duly whetted. :roll: :D