Final Girl (2013)

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
emuler

Re: Final Girl (2013)

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Yify and Shaanig both have this. I've got the Shaanig 720p version but I haven't watched it yet.
emuler

Has anyone seen this? This is not looking good. Abigail is 19; the younger version of her character lasted less than 3 minutes before the film cut to "12 years later". :wall Here's hoping she makes a comeback, otherwise this is headed for the VOT section. :(
emuler

Just finished watching this. Bummer. :hand This was not good. The only FLM aged girl was Gracyn Shinyei http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5117549/?ref_=tt_cl_t8 who is cute, but she plays the young version of Abigail Breslin's character, and that lasts about 3 minutes.

[Image] [Image]

The film itself is not good either. It really looks like they cut huge chunks out of the film - and it shows. IMDB puts the running time at 90 minutes; the version I saw is just 84 minutes long. The boys are supposed to have killed over 20 girls; only one killing is shown. I assume there is a version out there that is replete with violence, gore and nudity, but this cut has nothing, and even if they had left everything in it wouldn't have saved this turkey. :hand Abigail Breslin is better than this.

Anyway, please move this to Verified Off Topic.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

emuler wrote:..Abigail Breslin is better than this..
Not too sure about that anymore... :think

Saw ' Haunter' [a 2013 stinker that involves ghosts, time loops, and still manages to bore you senseless] sometime last year, and was really disappointed with that film.

And now I just finished watching ' Maggie'. She stars with Arnold Schwarzenegger in one of Ah-nold's few non-action roles. He looks like a haggard old man trying to protect his daughter from everyone else as she makes the transition from 'living' to 'living dead' at home, on her own terms..

Dull, boring and omnipresent... Abigail looked like she didn't even want to be in the film.

(I picked up ' Perfect Sisters' because she was in it, but I'm not sure I even want to bother watching it now...)

I got this file from uloz.to and it looks to be the same 84 min. version you're talking about. Bummer. I'll go ahead and move it..

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

It did not live up to 'our' hype but I knew it was a cheap movie before I watched it and she was at the top of our age limit... ;)

Even though she was sixteenish when this was filmed she came across as much older. Which goes back to why we shouldn't have films be on-topic just because of age mention or at least when they are 16 plus. We are childhood movie site, they have to be a child in actual context. I have enjoyed her growing up and have no problem adding this to my collection. But, if I knew she was this old for a 16 yr old I would not of started this thread here(sorry). As far as being better than this I think she is someone that has limitations and is only suited for certain roles. The director is certainly to blame for most of this but she could of at least learned how to actually fight. I didn't believe she could even kick her own ass. :roll:
emuler

ptguardian wrote: I didn't believe she could even kick her own ass. :roll:
:lol:

Not your fault, PTg. We were hoping they would devote at least a third of the film to the child version of her character being trained to become a lethal weapon. Instead they glossed over it in about three minutes. :wall

This is what we do; one has to kiss many frogs hoping that one of them will turn into a prince (or princess, in our case).