Xtreme MOD crash

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
emuler

Xtreme MOD crash

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Could someone who knows German please help me figure this out? If there is nothing there on this, please submit a bug report. TIA

In Xtreme II options, I enabled 'detect FinCan community hash'. No problem, but I found it wasn't doing anything useful for me, so I disabled it because at every startup it downloads a small file. Now whenever I close the client, it crashes. If I go into options and re-enable the FinCan thingy, all is well, but if I disable it, it crashes on close.

Emule 0.50a Xtreme 8.1
http://www.emule-web.de/board/
mimzy

Re: Xtreme MOD crash

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Not being an Xtreme user it's a bit difficult to help (when submitting a bug report, they usually need backtrace and stuff like that), but I found that there seems to be an English Xtreme forum at http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?showforum=97
emuler

Thanks, mimzy. I'll look for help there. :) Or I'll just change my MOD - I've been using Xtreme for quite some time now. :roll:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Has that mod been updated recently? I noticed a bug after updating to the latest MorphXT version but don't know if it's just circumstantial. Once in awhile (not often) I get a "failed to save onlinesig.dat - sharing violation" and sharing violations occur occasionally when saving download blocks. It may be coincidental with some of the security I have on my PC but it shouldn't happen. My point is that you might want to try using an older version of that mod and see if it makes a difference. Of course, trying out other mods isn't bad too - you might find one you like better. ;)
emuler

Thanks, Phuzzy. Can anyone recommend a good MOD? DreaMule, ScarAngel, MorphXT? I want stuff like corruption recovery, import parts from file, anti-leecher, multiple friend slots, yada, yada, yada. I used to swear by eMulePlus, but it is no longer in serious development, and has no KAD, which is a deal-breaker. :( Bummer - I loved that client.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Morph has the features you mention and has been stable for me - I've been using it for quite awhile. I won't touch DreamMule - it phones home. I don't think I tried Scar but I don't remember why not.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks. MorphXT it is, then. :D
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i've been using scarangel for some years now,it's a tweaker's heaven,but i tend to leave most settings well alone,it'll probably suit Emuler though.
emuler

Hey starfish21: can you tell me if I have the same userhash as before? If you had previously added me to your friends list and I'm still showing as a friend, then yes.

Thanks for the tip about scarangel. I'll give MorpXT a go for a few days, then I'll give that one a shot. I'm missing a couple of features in MorphXT - like Xtreme used to let me see the statistics graphs of the adapter, so I could monitor what my other apps were doing without leaving eMule.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

no you're not showing as friend now,it must've just happened recently.