[REL] Clan of the Cave Bear AKA Cro Magnon (1986)

ARTHORIUS

[REL] Clan of the Cave Bear AKA Cro Magnon (1986)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   15 likes

I think this is the grandparents of Sheena same storyline but different age collocation :) for me is OT :oops:

Storyline
At a time in prehistory when Neanderthals shared the Earth with early Homo sapiens, a band of cave-dwellers adopt blond and blue-eyed 6yo Ayla, a child of the "Others". As Ayla matures into a young woman of spirit and courage (unlike other women of the clan), she must fight for survival against the jealous bigotry of Broud, who will one day be clan leader. Based on Jean M. Auel's popular book, there is minimal narration; subtitles translate the Neanderthal gestures and primitive spoken language.

Cover

[Image]

[Image]

And the movie

Like this post to see ed2k links  [962.10 Mb]
Spoiler:

DivX DRF Analyzer v0.9.5 Report!
File Name: J:Cro Magnon - Odissea Nella Preistoria.avi
FourCC: DX50
Codec: DivX503b1031p
Resolution: [ Width: 720 Height: 400 ]
Frame Rate: 25.000 frames per second
The Video has 140377 frames [ 01:33:35 ]

Average Frame quality is LOW [Average DRF/quantizer is 6.05]
Standard Deviation: Quality is LOW [Std. Deviation is 3.85]
Image Resolution is HIGH

The file has Packeted Frames!
Hope this is ok for OT :)
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Cro Magnon - 1986

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090848/

This is The Clan of the Cave Bear. Another common English movie. What language is this rip? Don't post your Italian dubs please.

It has been years since I have seen this and don't recall if it has children with much screen time. :think

Keep in mind Art this site is about children under 16yo and they must have more than a couple of brief scenes or be reoccurring throughout the movie. From what I recall this movie is about Daryl Hannah an adult cave woman. How exactly do you consider this OT?

Here is a torrent that is in English if someone wants to confirm this movie is on topic with FLM. http://torrentz.eu/10ff663c6e1ba015d69b ... 7a611fb347

Torrent also includes the books this movie was based off of. I may download torrent later but at the moment I don't waste any more bandwidth on Art's releases.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

The first part of movie girl is in topless (same as sheena) then the girl is grown up (same sheena)
Sincerely i am start to think i am OFF TOPIC in this forum
If is off topic move in the off topic thread and don't broke my balls
If don't like my post delete it
If don't like my presence ban me.
Cheers
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
ptguardian

So basically Sheena should be moved to off-topic. I agree.

Only thing I am 'breaking your balls' on is keeping a film that is easily 'obtainable' in it's original language to be [REL] in it's original language. We understand you are Italian but films are better presented in their original language. Capish?

Keep in mind no one wants to waste time and bandwidth on a file they don't want. With you we are left to wonder if the file you are presenting to us is wanted. Capish?
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Whoa, let's step back a minute.

Yes, this is Clan of the Cave Bear. In my opinion it is on-topic, first because the children are in it for a fair amount of time, second because their characters are the main focus (I can't say they have 'speaking' roles :) ), and third because the 'back story' they tell is important for the rest of the film to be understood. They're not just window dressing - the children can't be removed without changing the story. The same can be said for Sheena, though the children's screen time is a bit less. I wouldn't class either of them in Verified Off-Topic.

Art is entirely correct to post this film and it's understandable he might not know what its real name is - the IMDb page doesn't exactly jump out at you that they're the same movie. That said, since this is an English forum it would be helpful if a movie's language was stated any time it's not in English.

There are lots of films here where the kids don't have nearly the amount of screen time as this one but I'm not going through thousands of posts to find them because it would take forever, there'd be arguments about whether this or that is on-topic, and we don't really want the VO_T forum to be bigger than all the others.

I don't like wasting bandwidth either but at least Art's trying to contribute, not like 98% of the people who only take. Keep at it, Art, I'm sure you'll find more winners. If they're not, no real harm done.

Incidentally, I can't find Clan of the Cave Bear on FLM. Am I just missing it?
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i agree completely,Phuzzy,Art has been actively participating in this forum for years,and is always enthusiastic if not entirely accurate,keep them coming Art!
we're all here to help out.
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Clan of the Cave Bear AKA Cro Magnon (1986)

I agree with if the child is pivotal to the movie and has more than a few moments screen time being OT and I never said this was not. I was asking for clarification from Art as to why he thought it was. As I stated I had not seen this in years to remember and recent history has shown he has contributed movies that were not. I am still at odds to whether Art is trying to contribute or simply testing the boundaries here. Reason being he has contributed many movies in the past that were with out question OT. Lately not so much :?

By the way this is easily found on torrent in English but considering not much speaking is done it doesn't matter too much. ;)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   26 likes

This is definitely on-topic, especially since the two younger Aylas are in it for almost a third of the film. Nicole Eggert is such a beauty, even in a cavegirl outfit. :heart

I did a quick search on eMule and didn't come up with anything, and since I have a tough time with torrents AND I have this on DVD, I thought I'd try my hand at ripping. This is the first rip I've done so don't tear me too big a one. :D I used DVDdecryptor and AutoGK basically at default settings.

The Clan of the Cave Bear (1986) USA

[Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090848/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=13405
IMDb wrote:At a time in prehistory when Neanderthals shared the Earth with early Homo sapiens, a band of cave-dwellers adopt blond and blue-eyed Ayla, a child of the "Others". As Ayla matures into a young woman of spirit and courage (unlike other women of the clan), she must fight for survival against the jealous bigotry of Broud, who will one day be clan leader. Based on Jean M. Auel's popular book, there is minimal narration; subtitles translate the Neanderthal gestures and primitive spoken language.
Caps are from this rip.
[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]
Spoiler:

General
Complete name : E:\MovieShare\Releases\Clan of the Cave Bear, The (1986) DVDrip XviD AC3 - Phuzzy.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 1.46 GiB
Duration : 1h 39mn
Overall bit rate : 2 105 Kbps
Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.4.1 (build 2178/release)
Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2178/release

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : 1
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Duration : 1h 39mn
Bit rate : 1 908 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 304 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.363
Stream size : 1.32 GiB (91%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format profile : Dolby Digital
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : 2000
Duration : 1h 38mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : 16ms
Stream size : 135 MiB (9%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 97 ms (2.31 video frames)
Interleave, preload duration : 96 ms
Language : English
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.46 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [19.2 Kb]
ptguardian

Now this is above and beyond. Great work Phuzzy. We have another ripper. :dance

Careful, it can be addictive...
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Bwhoah, well done Phuzzy :thumbsup

and thanks Art :cool: