[REL] Superbiester! 'Nen Freund zum Geburtstag (1982)

David32441

Re: [REL] Superbiester! 'Nen Freund zum Geburtstag (1982)

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Well done for finishing this project!! So I think I wasted about 6 hours timing the first 40minutes of this :( - and also thanks for posting that you would also be doing it! It stopped me wasting more time on finishing my attempt! Anyway, was interesting to learn what was roughly being said as I went along - and I enjoy using Aegisub.
I watched a few minutes of yours and could tell instantly the dialogue was better - will now watch the whole movie some time! The AI translation worked a lot better on the French audio in Les Inseperables - that film I did a few months ago. I am confident on >90% of the dialogue in that.
Some "minor" comments...
42m39s - 2 lines of dialogue overlap I think - maybe an accident?
Playing the file to match my 1080p version the subtitles seem a fraction out of sync, with the subtitle appearing about half a second before the dialogue in one scene I watched - the scene when they go to the sea. What version did you time it against? Sometimes there can be tiny differences between video versions, eg. 30fps and 29.97fps - so sometimes they can drift.
I also recomend using Aegisub so you can perfectly match the timing of when they start talking by looking at the waverform graph. Also keeping the subtitles on screen long enough to maintain <17cps (characters per second) - obviously impossible when lots of people are talking quickly though :(
Harry789

Post by Harry789 »   1 likes

Thx David for testing.
I used the program "Subtitle Edit" (SE) also by using the waveform graph. I have the ISO version oft the movie with 25 fps.
As a tested with the VLC player the timing was quite good.
With SE you can easily adjust sync problems e.g. with the option "visual sync".
I know there are fast spoken scenes with a lot of text so it is hard to read all in time.
I tried not to shorten or even skip dialogs. ;)
lunastar2021

Post by lunastar2021 »   0 likes

Valerie Dumas best film
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Never knew I hadn’t seen all of nosbusch‘s early work