[REL] Saige Paints the Sky (2013)

ptguardian

Re: [REL] Saige Paints the Sky (2013)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

So now we are 'expected' to either rip subs for him or at least tell him they are on the disc so at some point he can wait for them to be released anyways... Yes I realize he was/is razzing but I do not recall him paying for and spending time for the release that I alerted everyone to and then provided, even though he obviously had a rip from a great releaser that he could have shared and then made the request for subs.

I had no issue with you offering/inquiring that I may be able to. I doubt you knew that I could not include them from a blu-ray when I rip directly from the disc. My thought was to provide a good rip for 'everyone' not just for emuler. My available method accomplished this.

Yes predictable request but one I thought emuler had been cordial enough to sway from further asking on my rips. This has been discussed before and he has refrained from saying anything since. Perhaps he forgot? I however keep his request in mind when I do a rip and would have provided them if time would have allowed. By the few releases I have posted lately it should be obvious I am short on time.

I do provide a lot of material for his enjoyment and obviously I could have exhibited more patience with him and will try harder in the future to understand he has a lot of trouble restraining himself. Obviously subtitles are the most important thing for him. We all know why he needs them and I have provided them just for him as no one else usually has a need for them. If i can't provide them he can live with it until they become available. No need or want for another incessant request for something we already know he wants.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

What's this? The new "The first rule about Fight Club"? :wall Not only can I not ask you about subtitles, I can't ask ANYONE about them? When you make a release, does that entire thread become your personal property, subject to your rules and your idiosyncrasies?

I am puzzled by why you released this in the first place, since you are so pressed for time, when a decent rip was available (which I linked to, btw). And why should you expect me to release the ganool version myself? Have you forgotten that I have a slow connection which gets even slower sometimes (in the past 11 hours I have managed to upload just 350MB)? What will take me many hours to upload will be readily available in a matter of minutes from the link I posted for most of the members from developed countries with much better connections. I have just released two films which people are still downloading from me; it is out of consideration for them; I owe it to them to prioritise those releases before starting on a fresh release. But being considerate is not something you are known for, (maybe it is a national malaise), when you leave it to us to explain to new members that you are only online for a few hours a day, and not to panic when the files you release suddenly show no complete sources.

Anyway, my bad. Henceforth all my subtitle requests (and I make a lot of subtitle requests :roll: ) will be worded thus:
If anyone (EXCEPT PTg) has any information about English subtitles, please let me know.
Perhaps I should put that in my signature. :roll:
ptguardian

Your prerogative to comment how you like but that works both ways. This juvenile tit for tat crap is superfluous. I have no doubt you understood when I have said I will release helping you with your need when I can and I have done this and will continue to do this.

If you are going to continue asking for something you already know that I am thinking about it is making what you are asking redundant and I will take it as you are just doing it out of spite. Of which there is no need. I am a stubborn prick at times but over time I have always done more for others than they do for me and am OK with that but I refuse to be pushed into to changing how I release considering the large amount of releases I have contributed here. I change how I release because I want to not because you want me to cater to only you. I 'request' again not to have you ask for something that needs not to be asked on my releases. To put it another way if the roles were switched here I would simply not ask for subtitles on your releases. It would be very easy for me to do.

It is perplexing that one can ask the same people the same special need question so many times over so many years. it may bother no one else but me but I am the one asking you to stop asking on just my releases.

It has always been considered someone's release when they introduce the film and they do the releasing of it for everyone to enjoy especially when it is their rip. Only exceptions would be when the release is in question of being OT and or legit such as Art for example. We use to trust him but his actions changed that, where as I give no reason not to trust my releases. If there is a problem with the encode such as playback issues and such that is different mistakes happen. I would like to know and as I have shown will do what I can to rectify the problem. Supplying subtitles and anything else that is an extra I will consider but do not feel obligated to do since I am not being paid for this and I already put in a lot of work, time and money supplying this. Other rippers understand the trouble, work and time it takes to make a release. Granted this is a mainstream movie(not rare) but being mainstream it also makes it that much easier to find out the information you need not have asked.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   2 likes

Please everyone, there's no need to be upset with each other - everyone has a point. If you need to step back to avoid harsh words that aren't really meant, please do that. We're all friends here, right?

If someone releases a film and they have subtitles for it, they'll almost certainly release those too. If not, they either don't have them or there's a reason they weren't released. Before asking for subtitles, try to find them yourself on the subtitles sites. If you DO find subtitles, release them on eMule so the rest of us can have them too.

Emuler asks for subtitles files for every film, even English ones, because he has a hearing-impaired relative. While this is a perfectly valid reason, maybe waiting a bit before requesting them would be wise. The releaser may need more time to get them ready, there might be a problem with them, whatever. Sometimes I predict to myself "emuler will ask for subtitles in 3... 2... 1..." and it's almost as predictable the releaser doesn't have them because they'd have released them if they did.

Upload and download speed restrictions are irrelevant. Even someone with very slow connections can contribute if they stay online 24/7. My transfer speed is piss-poor but stuff still completes, even if it takes a little longer. If you download something on-topic, share it with the rest of us. I, for one, use eMule because I can't use some of the other methods, like torrents or DD. Saying "this file is on xxx site" is nothing but a tease for me, and probably for other people too.

My signature says what our community is really all about... "Sharing is caring". We share these great films and we all benefit from each other's contribution. Peace, friends.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

^ The Fuzz has spoken. :roll: :D

There is a very good site - http://www.subtitleseeker.com/ - that searches 17 of the best subtitle sites at one go. I use it extensively. I was surprised that it turned up nothing, which is why I asked here. I did not mention PTg in my query, and I still believe that PTg should just have ignored it and let someone else reply instead of blowing his top, flying off the handle, and going Postal. :roll: I'll add more descriptive phrases as and when I think of them. :lol: Anyway, now that i know they are out there, I can wait for them to show up on http://www.subtitleseeker.com/ otherwise I was thinking of making them from scratch.
ptguardian

emuler wrote:^ The Fuzz has spoken. :roll: :D

There is a very good site - http://www.subtitleseeker.com/ - that searches 17 of the best subtitle sites at one go. I use it extensively. I was surprised that it turned up nothing, which is why I asked here. I did not mention PTg in my query, and I still believe that PTg should just have ignored it and let someone else reply instead of blowing his top, flying off the handle, and going Postal. :roll: I'll add more descriptive phrases as and when I think of them. :lol: Anyway, now that i know they are out there, I can wait for them to show up on http://www.subtitleseeker.com/ otherwise I was thinking of making them from scratch.
Not wanting to belittle your juvenile ramblings but I think it is important to point out that the subtitles LB posted match. ;)

Thanks LB
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:
emuler wrote:^ The Fuzz has spoken. :roll: :D

Not wanting to belittle your juvenile ramblings but I think it is important to point out that the subtitles LB posted match. ;)

Thanks LB
Quite....it's a pretty piss-poor state of affairs when somebody can't even be bothered to acknowledge when what they craved so much has been provided. Guess I'll be slightly less sympathetic in future.

lb
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Sorry lb, haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Didn't mean to offend you. Just been too busy with work to spare time for watching anything.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

This is becoming a bit of a grumpy thread,reminds me of some of the old timer posts.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

funnydog wrote:This movie looks good. Are there any subs for it?
You ARE a very FUNNYdog.. :lol:

kev.