[REL] Tendres cousines (1980)

Rich

[REL] Tendres cousines (1980)

Post by Rich »   35 likes

emuler

Re: [REL] Tendres cousines (1980)

Post by emuler »   24 likes

Does anyone have a good DVDrip of this? Most of the stuff out there are VHSrips.

There is a Russian dubbed (voice over) :( which is pretty good visual quality, but from what I know of Russian TV grabs, they are censored a little - not to general TV standards, but just a little.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [740.65 Mb]

There is even a German version.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [806.04 Mb]
Can anyone evaluate and comment please?

Gosh, I hope FLL has the DVD. :)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   33 likes

FLL

Post by FLL »   2 likes

That's the same file as posted in the very first post of this thread. Yes, it's 92 minutes, but it looks more like a VHSrip than a DVDRip. It's not the 92 minutes that's sought, it's the DVDness.

Now it *could* be a DVDrip, I've ripped a couple of DVDs which have hardsubs and put a widescreen picture inside a 4:3 screen, but it's less common, and unless someone with the DVD says that's all there is then the belief is there's something better out there.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   19 likes

OK, here is my DVD rip. I don't know if it is better than what has been posted already, because I don't have the files that were posted above.

The DVD sleeve has the following notes that might be of interest:
Das Bild dieses Films ist aus künstlerischen Gründen und dem speziellen Stil des Regisseurs absichtlich hauptsächlich unscharf gehalten.
Zum Film "Zärtliche Cousinen" wurde uns vom französischen Lizenzgeber erst eine alte NTSC-Vollbild-TV Fassung und danach eine über 20 Jahre alte, teilweise mangelhafte Abtastung in Widescreen zur Verfügung gestellt, da nirgendwo neueres Material verfügbar war. Vom deutschen Ton existiert leider nur noch eine teilweise beschädigte Lichtton-Kopie auf Magnet-Band. Trotz umfangreichen Restaurationsarbeiten ist die Gesamtqualität des Films mangels besseren Materials im Vergleich zu neueren DVD-Produktionen nicht optimal ausgefallen. Auch nach langem Suchen in den Filmarchiven und bei TV-Sendern war leider nichts besseres verfügbar. Am 35mm-Trailer, welcher gefunden wurde, ist zu sehen, dass schon die Qualität des Originals eher unterdurchschnittlich ist.
The DVD contains both versions of the movie; I ripped the 92 min version.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [895.32 Mb]
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   68 likes

Thanks for the explanation FLL......it makes sense......after all, BLT is not the only member here to run multiple eMule accounts! ;)
This movie interests me. I'm going to take a guess the BLT DVD has burnt-in subs unlike the two Usenet releases that are likely newer remastered DVD's. They are certainly DVD image files containing menus & extras. Both are just over 88 minutes long, have Italian & French audio streams & soft-coded subtitles. One has two Italian subtitle streams, the other three, including English. Other than that, both seem identical. I've compared them with the existing 92 minute release & can see no obvious editing......as you say, likely a NTSC/PAL loss issue.
The English subs were a problem.......it usually takes me about 10 minutes to rip subtitles with SubRip.......these took over an hour (difficulty in repeat character recognition) & then were poorly synced. They are also out of sync when playing the straight DVD. Strangely, the Italian subs were OK! :wall
Instead, I've used existing subtitles from the web (obviously matching a different rip) & played around with them in Subtitle Workshop to get the timing near enough right.
This release may serve little purpose other than having soft-coded subs..........the video print is unlikely to be a significant improvement over what is already on offer.

DVD artwork, released with the English subbed version.

[Image][Image]

[Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Tendres Cousines 1980 ITA-FR isoRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,480.04 MB
Duration ........: 01:28:21
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 2086 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 448
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.60:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS