[REL] Believe (2013)

emuler

Re: [REL] Believe (2013) [USA]

Post by emuler »   1 likes

On the other hand, when the girl is as cute as this, who cares about the rest of the stuff? ;) To paraphrase Paula Abdul in American Idol, she could be reading the telephone directory and I'll still watch it.
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   0 likes

Not looking good for that.
No its not looking good at all. :( They have already pulled the May 18th episode (last day of sweeps) for a Woman of SNL show.

when the girl is as cute as this, who cares about the rest of the stuff?
So I am mad at JJ and the writers for only making this an ok show. Because while we are forgiving here because of Johnny, the rest of the shows audience dropped like flies. And we will most likely not be able to see more seasons and Bo grow up because of their crappy job performance, which is why I care. And this shows failure shows other producers and Hollywood that the audience is not into serious shows centering around a pre-teen girl. At least we still have Disney.

I was rather looking forward to seeing her through at least 16 ;)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I have to agree with Quickone if they decide to cancel, it is because the bad time slot it is in, a lot of die hard fans watching those show. ;)

Still, this is way better than just OK... :P

She will be around for a long time in other material and has a movie coming out with Mackenzie Foy in the next year. 8-)
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Maybe the fact that they pulled the next episode for sweeps means they plan to change it's slot. (fingers crossed) instead of cancelling it.
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   0 likes

I too definitely agree that the time slot was not good. Although if it is cancelled I still say it is the reviews and ratings that did it in. Like I said the audience has dropped like flies (look up the ratings, esp. the 18/49 demo). They didn't just decide after two episodes to go watch AMC. (Shows they would have been watching anyway as those have built in fans). They watched this show and like one of the IMDB comments (I watched 4 episodes, can't do a fifth). I think it was sent to the graveyard by NBC by changing it from Mondays to Sundays after reviews and stats of the first episode.

Although, (EmulER :D , as you have not seen it yet), I don't discourage any FLMer from watching it as it is right down our alley!

But we should know soon......fingers crossed

Although most renewal and cancellation announcements for current broadcast TV primetime shows for the 2014-15 season will happen prior to these dates (this year we should know most, if not all, of the news for existing shows by late Friday, May 9), the broadcast network upfront events are the final dates on which each network's 2014 Fall schedules will be revealed.

So, you'll know no later than these dates about the fate of your favorite broadcast primetime shows.

2014 Broadcast Network Upfront Meetings

Monday, May 12, 2014* NBC*
Monday, May 12, 2014 FOX
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 Univision
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 ABC
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 CBS
Thursday, May 15, 2014 The CW
-
*While the NBC upfront meeting will be held on May 12, if recent years are any indication, NBC will release their 2014-15 schedule information on Sunday, May 11.
-
Of course, if you follow our Renew/Cancel Index, and Bubble Watch, you'll be pretty sure of most show's fates well in advance of these dates.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   1 likes

I totally agree with emuler. As long as Bo gets plenty of screentime, I don't care how repetitive it gets. It's not like it's the worst show I've force myself to sit through :oops:

But the ratings are important only insofar as they affect the chances of the show getting renewed, and I don't want it to get cancelled.
donkeykog wrote:I think it was sent to the graveyard by NBC by changing it from Mondays to Sundays after reviews and stats of the first episode.
Not true...
“Believe” will also have a preview, on March 10 at 10 p.m., following “The Voice,” before moving to its regular time slot on March 16.
...and that was written in January.
http://www.thewrap.com/nbc-sets-premier ... ve-crisis/
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

“Believe” will also have a preview, on March 10 at 10 p.m., following “The Voice,” before moving to its regular time slot on March 16.
I concede that point :oops: ....my bad....I forgot about that. The preview deal.

As long as Bo gets plenty of screentime, I don't care how repetitive it gets. It's not like it's the worst show I've force myself to sit through
Like I said, us Flmer' are forgiving for one reason.

But the ratings are important only insofar as they affect the chances of the show getting renewed, and I don't want it to get cancelled.
Thats my main gripe. I am not trying to be overly pickey of a show I like. But how many shows aimed at late teen/adults thats main character is a pre-teen girl can you name? This was an important FLM show for us. If it had succeeded grandly, they would have tried to copy it. Meaning more adult shows with a girl lead. Now that the boy from 2 1/2 men is gone, they threw 2 shows up aimed at the late teen/adult with a boy main character "About a Boy" and "Growing Up Fisher". Not to forget Malcolm in the Middle and Everybody Loves Chris the mainstream shows that feature a boy as the main characters has been around. Where are the girl ones? (Only Disney and Nick). I would have liked to see more episodes of "Believe" and other series to follow due to it's success. But it likely we won't get that. Theres a reason three of the screenwriters left after the pilot over the shows direction.
donkeykog

R.I.P. Believe :cry:

NBC Cancels 'Revolution,' 'Believe,' 'Crisis' and 'Growing Up Fisher'

UPDATED: This marks two more J.J. Abrams-produced dramas to be canceled this month (four in total), joining Fox's "Almost Human," while the midseason comedy does not join neighbor "About a Boy" in its renewal.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

donkeykog wrote:R.I.P. Believe :cry:

NBC Cancels 'Revolution,' 'Believe,' 'Crisis' and 'Growing Up Fisher'

UPDATED: This marks two more J.J. Abrams-produced dramas to be canceled this month (four in total), joining Fox's "Almost Human," while the midseason comedy does not join neighbor "About a Boy" in its renewal.
Bummer. :cry:

Is it cancelled summarily or will it be allowed to run till the end of the season. We have 9 episodes so far.

Btw. the ones I've got are some 200-250MB each. Well seeded torrents. If someone needs them on ed2k just holler.
donkeykog

Hey Emuler, word was after the May 18th pull that it would return May 25 for the remaining episodes....but that was the word before it was officially cancelled. Chances are though all episodes will will get a dvd like J.J. last failed project Alcatraz (which I liked).

Lets hope for a movie wrap up, or (some talk) of TBS talking the second season.

We could also have a Firefly, where dvd sales are so awesome....it goes to the movie theatre for the conclusion! Heres to hoping for Johnny on the BIG SCREEN! :D